Fibaro Dimmer 2 association groups

Hi,
I'm migrating from ST, for all the usual reasons...
The Dimmer 2 (FGD 212) has a neat function whereby it can control other dimmers directly, from either of its two switches.
This is done by setting a text string within the device - within ST, using erocm123's driver, I could set configAssocGroup5 to the ID of another dimmer.
That setting isn't there in erocm123's Hubitat driver, and I can't work out how to set it using the Basic Z Wave Tool driver either - the docs for the dimmer list the setting numbers for everything else, but not that.
Does anyone else use these? any ideas anyone? possibly @ericm ?

best,

James

Replying to my own post...
I now see that associations are not parameters...
in Basic Z wave tool, if I use getAssocationReport, I see in the logs:

> AssociationReport- groupingIdentifier:5, maxNodesSupported:8, nodes:[]
> AssociationReport- groupingIdentifier:3, maxNodesSupported:8, nodes:[]
> AssociationReport- groupingIdentifier:4, maxNodesSupported:8, nodes:[]
> AssociationReport- groupingIdentifier:2, maxNodesSupported:8, nodes:[1]
> AssociationReport- groupingIdentifier:1, maxNodesSupported:1, nodes:[1]

I want to add some nodes to groupingidentifier 5 - how do I do it?

thanks,

James

Maybe you can try to use the Z-Wave Tweaker?

[BETA] ZWave Tweaker port from ST - Community Apps and Drivers / Community Drivers - Hubitat

Yes that Tweaker Driver will allow you to set any associations you want. I apologize in advance for its very crude interface but hey it works at least! Its on my to-do list to fix it up eventually.

yup - that worked a treat - thanks!
does everything that the Basic Z Wave Tool does plus a bit more.

Unfortunately, the association groups seem to be very slow responding.
I'm moving from ST because, well everything, but definitely the z wave performance.
I've switched off the ST hub in case the existing Z wave mesh is interfering, and am running the Hubitat with 2 Z wave devices only.
I'll give it some time and see if it learns, but with only 3 nodes it seems remarkable that the mesh can't work itself out.

Can I check in and see if you kept using associations here? I do have a webcore piston that does some light mirroring but it seems inefficient given the native association functionality If I could get it working right..

I seem to be able to set the associations okay using the tweaker temporary driver (my child device is listed in Hubitat as "17" so I'm entering that as HEX "11" into the tweaker) but when I swap back to the main driver (Using the top one here [RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGS-212) Driver as I want settings like the "turn on level" and "timer" which seem to work okay) I don't get any control of the child device.

Wondering if based on your experiences I should persue it or go further down the webcore route...

thanks

I did get there actually with the associations. They are working OK, as is my Z wave network, with the exception of my fibaro double switches (see Bug (I think?) with Fibaro FGS 223 - driver or device? - #4 by jamesxheath)
I'm not entirely sure that it's the way to go though, as adjusting anything is such a pain.
I'm also using the built in "Mirror" app for some zigbee lights - that works quite well, and is probably lighter weight than WebCore for what you need.
One note - if I look at the DNI for my Fibaro devices in Hubitat, they're already in Hex, so you may find that you should leave 17 as 17.....

1 Like