Fibaro Contact Sensor Issues

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating to HE from Smartthings and I am having an issue with a Fibaro Contact Sensor (FGDW-002). I can pair the device just fine, and I do get temperature and battery reports but not contact reports. When the contact is closed I get a status update but when the contact is open nothing is reported back to HE.

I moved a Fibaro plug nearby to act as a repeater just in case this was a zwave issue but I am getting very good stats from the device so I don't think that's the case.

I also tried excluding the device and including again but I am getting the exact same behavior.

Finally, the builtin driver for the device doesn't seem to have a wakeup interval config param and my device defaults to 12 hours so unless I wake it up manually it is impossible to test.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't the contact status be reported as soon as it changes?

Thanks,
Michael

Or perhaps I can get the source code for the driver and add some debug logging? Are native supported drivers code available somewhere?

With parameter 14 and 15 you are able to set a time delay to report changes for the contact sensor.
Maybe check them out using this:

Did you exclude with HE and performed a factory reset before including again?
This is the recommonded procedure for each Z-Wave device.
Also make sure to keep the device close to the hub when including.

I have two of them and both work fine using the builtin drivers, additional configuration has to be done with "Basic Z-Wave Tool".

There's no parameter for this at all, so I'm afraid you have to keep waking up the sensor.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.