Fibaro 6 button keyfob

I am using the driver posted up there, it seems to "work" but button presses never do anything

I setup a rule to flash a plug and that never happens. Logs never register anything

Use the built in generic button device. It will expose basic functionality.

This driver would require love from someone with zzwave knowledge and the willingness. Hoping some day staff will look at a dedicated driver.

Yeah, this would be great if it had complete support. Is there a way to get the attention of Hubitat staff? (I'm quite new to Hubitat).

If not, does anyone know of a nice keypad that could work as a home alarm keypad, requiring a code before arming/disarming the alarm?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=SecurityKeypads#Supported_Security_Keypads
Maybe this can help

Thanks! Unfortunately neither of those seem possible to buy in the EU :worried:.

Hi, are you still using the driver created by Inpier? am getting errors in the log.

Hi all, I managed to get double tap and the 6 additional sequences to work using the generic Z Wave Plus Button Control driver.

The driver is able to detect the 6 physical buttons' pushed, held and released. To get the driver to be able to detect double click, we need to update parameter 21-26 to value 11. For the additional 6 sequences, we need to update parameter 3-8 with the sequence value.

You can compute the sequence value using this formula or read the manual:

Value of parameter = Value of first button + 8 * Value of second button + 64 * Value of third button + 512 * Value of fourth button + 4096 * Value of fifth button

Square = 1, Circle = 2, Cross = 3, Triangle = 4, Minus = 5, Plus = 6

I tried to set parameter 1 and 2 for Protection mode and unfortunately it doesn't work.

I am thinking to implement the Protection mode using one of the sequences to trigger a rule, which will then turn a global parameter to True, and flip back to False after certain time.

All the other button actions will check the condition of this parameter before executing.

1 Like

Did anyone ever get the lock capability working?

kudos to you on this. thank you for taking the time. this is a great device that is limited by the inbuilt driver. Seems it deserves a bit more love than just a generic button.

again thanks!

Hi all. I just got it and see that I can program the 6 buttons (cool). But I thought there was a specific Hubitat built-in driver, not just the generic one.

The reason I ask is there would be more commands available, plus there is supposed to be a way to lock it so it doesn't get accidentally push.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hubitat doesn't support the additional functions of this device with an inbuilt driver at this time. I imagine because it's lumped in with button devices.

It's a bit of an odd ball, definately not a basic button device I think. I tried to convince both @mike.maxwell and @bcopeland to support some of the additional features to no avail.

There was a working community driver that supported everything however I believe some zwave changes broke the driver.

BTW, I just came up with something that will let me do a lot more, which is to create a rule that can double up what each push/hold does - to some degree at least.

What I wanted to do was to create a toggle with a button on my Fibaro KeyFob so I don't have to use a button push and a button hold. The rule I created says that if button 5 is pushed (the one that looks like a minus sign) it tests if either of my 2 Neo plugs is on. If so, it turns them both off. The Else (which means they are both off) turns them both on.

(BTW, when I did the screenshot they were off, which is what the orange (F) (FALSE) means.

1 Like

I saw a post from @gabriel_kpk above about being able to get the generic drive to support the double tap from July, 2021. But it seems this hasn't been added to the generic driver. Has it or has it been added to a Fibaro driver? Then only Fibaro driver I see built in might be the one called Fibaro Switch, but I haven't tried it as I figured it would have been auto-selected when I included my key fob if that was the case vs. the generic driver that was actually assigned to it by Hubitat.

Here is gabriel_kpk's July, 2021 post:

Hi all, I managed to get double tap and the 6 additional sequences to work using the generic Z Wave Plus Button Control driver.

The driver is able to detect the 6 physical buttons' pushed, held and released. To get the driver to be able to detect double click, we need to update parameter 21-26 to value 11. For the additional 6 sequences, we need to update parameter 3-8 with the sequence value.

You can compute the sequence value using this formula or read the manual:

manuals.fibaro.com

KEYFOB | FIBARO MANUALS

Value of parameter = Value of first button + 8 * Value of second button + 64 * Value of third button + 512 * Value of fourth button + 4096 * Value of fifth button

Square = 1, Circle = 2, Cross = 3, Triangle = 4, Minus = 5, Plus = 6

I tried to set parameter 1 and 2 for Protection mode and unfortunately it doesn't work.

I am thinking to implement the Protection mode using one of the sequences to trigger a rule, which will then turn a global parameter to True, and flip back to False after certain time.

All the other button actions will check the condition of this parameter before executing.