Given that we've waited for a month for this trace to be turned off, we are wondering. See this thread for details. New Kasa Integration Trace log entries (Can we get these turned off)

2 Likes

No, it will be updated shortly. GIven that Kasa update was minor, we've been dealing with more urgent 2.3.4 issues so far. Any integration update involves a testing effort.

5 Likes

I appreciate that. If you check that link, you'll see it's a minor change with an out-sized impact to us users. Looking forward to the fix.

1 Like

???

It doesn't stop Kasa devices from functioning. Or any other devices from functioning. AFAIK, all it does is clutter up the logs.

While I understand this is irksome, and can interfere with debugging, I'm uncertain why it's impact would be "out-sized".

FWIW, I have about a dozen Kasa devices, and it doesn't bother me .....

2 Likes

I am a user who is affected by this and I did not even realize it was an issue till I read the thread. Everything works as it should. Not sure how this even qualifies as I minor impact.

3 Likes

What is the impact, and got a link to the thread?

I'm having some really wonky issues and grabbing at any straws I can

There is no impact, outside of the logs being cluttered.

Can you start a new thread for these issues? The likelihood they are related to debug logging for Kasa devices is very very slim.

1 Like

Point taken. Not everyone is as "irked" as some of us were. For me, I put all my Christmas lights inside/out on HE via Kasa devices because they are affordable and don't screw up the Z-Wave and Zigbee meshes when taken off at the end of the season. In addition, I wrote some complicated rules to cycle through colors of bulbs outside. There were a number of complexities that meant I needed to review logs to troubleshoot things. In that thread you'll see how easy it is to get dozens of lines of useless crap interwoven into the log entires that you want to see. So, it was irksome to me. More so as the fix was already in the community app weeks ago. I shouldn't have switched to the HE official integration - as others have lamented too. So, some of you weren't irked. Great. Glad to hear it. As the weeks have drawn on, I've gotten progressively more cranky about it.

3 Likes

FYI - you can click on an app (or device) name in the Live and Past Logs. Doing so will display only the logs pertinent to that specific app or device.

1 Like

That may work if you know what you're looking for. In my case I look at the logs on a daily basis to see what's going on, this error makes that impossible.

I feel your pain. I moved back to the community version this afternoon.

2 Likes

Already have. Was just wondering what the fuss was about.

I'll admit I am not using the built-in drivers yet.... But hopefully I can help in some way....

If you don't want to see any trace logs at all (for any device), and it is only debug, info, warnings, etc you do want to see, then you can adjust the "level" in the logs page to anything other than trace:

Obviously if there are trace logs you want to see from other devices, then this will not suit your situation, but hopefully it will help most users experiencing this issue, while the HE dev's work on updating the integration.

3 Likes

Thanks for weighing in @oldcomputerwiz and @arnb. I knew I wasn't alone in being super annoyed about waiting for a fix that the developer of the integration made weeks ago. That's what made it worse to be honest. Hopefully we'll get this mandatory trace turned off soon.

1 Like

Latest Kasa version will be a part of the next build.

5 Likes

Is that 2.3.5 or 2.3.4.whatever?

Next 2.3.4 build :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Simpsons Computer GIF
Me checking for new HE updates like:

1 Like

YEAH ITS FIXED in 2.3.4.122 and it works for me.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks @gopher.ny