[FEEDBACK] Building a Withings Integration

Hoping I get it today. Amazon still says I will but doesn't say "out for delivery" yet :worried:

I'm trying to think of the best way to structure this. The problem is each "user" needs a separate OAuth token, so you have to authorize more than once. I'm trying to think if I should have a parent/child app. I guess it does, then you don't have to enter in your API keys more than once... hmm

1 Like

If it is coming USPS pull the tracking on their website. Amazon is slow to update the Out for Delivery here lately.

I have an item arriving today that arrived at my post office at 0343 this morning. Amazon still has not updated out for delivery. However, usps says out for delivery since 0705 this morning.

I just looked at Amazon's status for a package that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. USPS says out for delivery. Double win for me!

I believe it's being delivered by Amazon directly. I live within 30mi of an Amazon warehouse so now most of my deliveries come from Amazon Logistics.

I still don't see how this thing detects snoring. It said I snored for 34 minutes last night. I know that is a lie because my wife told me one time that if I snored bad at night again, she was going to give some pillow therapy! :slight_smile:

I have noticed that it has been pretty dead on accurate for interruptions and such. It is an amazing piece of technology.

However, I have noticed that my app has shown me taking a few naps here and there when I was not physically there. I am guessing my beagle is getting in my spot and triggering it. I wonder is there a setting or something to not have my dog trigger it??????

Hah I was wondering about pets. I figured I was just going to put the device at a location in bed where my cats don't lay... they tend to lay at the foot of the bed. But for cats it wouldn't say I'm taking a nap, it'd say I'm dead... now that I'm home 24/7 I see they sleep like 22 hours a day!!!

1 Like

Then they decide to go nuts at 11pm!!

You're luck if it's 11pm... for me it's usually 3am when they decide it's time to use the bed as a springboard as they chase each other around the house...

1 Like

Mine hasn’t arrived yet either, but I would guess that this is an overpromised, yet underdelivered feature.

A mat that knows when you’re in or out of bed makes sense. A mat that can accurately discriminate the sounds/vibrations associated with people snoring? That sounds much harder to pull off.

Especially a mat that is buried under 6in of mattress. I'm impressed if it accurately measures heart rate like it says. I plan to compare to my apple watch and see what it says

2 Likes

Believe it or not, it is pretty accurate on the snoring. I know last night when I started snoring my wife gave me a good hard kick. I noticed the time and the app showed a serious episode of snoring around the same time.

1 Like

Yeah I find it fairly accurate too. I compared it to my apple watch, and they are normally reporting pretty much the same.

That's crazy. At some point I might have to buy an extra one to dissect and see what the heck kind of sensors are in there

I know it pumps air into itself :open_mouth:

Sensors installed. A few things I learned. Since you associate the sleep pad with a user, each device only shows up under a particular user. That is useful to know. Once I wake up tomorrow and see what kind of data it reports I should be able to complete the sleep data portion of the code and get this wrapped up!

1 Like

It’s strange in that it can do this but apparently not measure breathing rate, as that would be useful to detect sleep apnea

They claim it can detect sleep apnea... Sleep apnea & breathing disturbances | Withings

It tracks sleep apnea. It returns the AHI and puts it in normal to mild, moderate, or Severe. When I wear my CPAP machine, it is normal to moderate. The other night when I forgot and was snoring a lot, it came back as Severe sleep apnea.

The AHI is Apnea Hyponea Index and it is the number of apneas recorded per hour. Withings app returns that number, ie, my normal to moderate returned a 12. My severe returned a 32!

I just found it interesting there was no breathing rate figure but it could detect heart rate from a sensor perspective. It seems to correlate a lot of other info including ‘breathing disturbance’ events to reach an apnea warning. I just expected it to detect a breathing cessation for short periods.

Being a respiratory therapist I find this device fascinating in a geeky sort of way. Will be getting mine soon.

Looking forward to the integration @dman2306

2 Likes