[FEEDBACK] Building a Withings Integration

Yeah mine has BPM on the pads. I think theres more than one version of pad, although I don't know what their differences are. The fitness tracker I have is iOS, but passes my health data on to WT.

Sorry, I mean blood pressure, not pulse (beats per minute). I think someone said they have a bloodpressure cuff?

1 Like

Gotcha :+1:

I have a QardioArm blood pressure cuff that imports into the Healthmate App from Google Fit. Be curious to see if the api would export this info back to your app. I mean it looks like it is populating the data fields....

The api says it should...

Ok. Good deal. I have a Withings scale, sleep mat, and a QuardioArm blood pressure cuff. And I am still overweight and out of shape!

2 Likes

I think I have the scale, blood pressure monitor, thermometer, and activity tracker working (I can only test scale though). Bed Sensor is a little trickier. Their documentation was written by someone who didn't speak English very well and it's a little confusing. I think I'll have to wait until this weekend when my device comes to finish it up. I think bed in/out is working, but the sleep data is odd because according to the documentation it doesn't tell you what device generated it. I'm hoping it's just poor documentation and I want to see what the API gives me. I also have to write up some documentation, it's a little annoying how to install it because we each need our own API key because Withings limits each key to 120 calls per minute.

I'm pulling all data from the devices that is available. I can get very basic battery reports (they report high/medium/low so I just hard coded 3 numbers to represent those). For the sleep sensor I plan to use the PresenceDetector capability for in/out of bed, and use the SleepSensor for the actual flag that says whether or not you're asleep. That's the part I'm still working on.

1 Like

Yeah. Seems like they have an api. Unfortunately I don’t own any compatible devices. :pensive:

I have 2 pads and we run them in from the side. They mostly work fine, albeit with the delay from IFTTT that I hope gets removed with this new integration project. The only issue is that our bed is very wide so if someone rolls to the middle, or decides to get frisky on the other side of the bed :crazy_face: then it says someone is up. Previously someone on the forum suggested to me a rule that if such a situation occurred in the middle of the night then some soft music and lighting could automatically be turned on lol.

1 Like

Parent, Child style? That would be great I think. A child device for each device/user combination would be fine.

I have 2 sleep pads and the body scales (which do indeed also report BPM). I also plan to buy 2x their new ECG watch when it's finally launched. It would be great if that could also be integrated at some point too!

I really like Withings stuff and their story. The same guy that started it bought it back off Philips I believe when they failed to make it work for them. Good for him!

To my knowledge, no. If I get bored I'll take a closer look, but developing is always hard when you can't test anything at all.

Ugh... I did not do it that way but I'm kind of regretting it. I'm probably going to redesign a bit. I kind of want to get my hand on the bed sensor first. I assume bed sensors are associated with one user? Meaning you say "I put this under my wife's side of the bed?" I can't imagine it tries to figure out who is laying on it?

Right now you have to install multiple instances of the app, one for each user. Each app instance will then let you pick which devices to include for that user. So for things like a Scale, you probably pick it for both users (since the scale can detect the user). However, for an Activity Tracker I imagine each person would have a unique device. No idea how the BPM handles users!

If I recall when I set it up and the app found it, it let me select my user account or my wife's user account. I only have one sleep pad at the moment.

Thanks, but as far as you know it's only associated with 1 user?

I believe so. I will go in to my wife's app and see if my sleep stuff shows in hers to know for sure. I do know when I selected my user account, it went to the next step in the setup process....

yeah, the bed sensor is unable to differentiate who the "user" is in operation. But when you set it up, you assign it to a person in your account from memory. So its just "Angus is in bed" based on the side of the bed I sleep in. And all the data from that sleep pad gets allocated to my record (for diagnostics etc). The scales try to keep track of multiple users and allocate the data to the appropriate person based on weight which is pretty cool (at least for us, because I'm a good deal fatter than my wife lol)

Feel free to use any of my code for a quick and easy parent/child setup. :grin: Then you can get back to the hard stuff!

1 Like

how quick do the sleep pads respond with a local integration? Does it still take a while for the pad to decide you are up or in?

I think he will get his today. Don't think he has them yet.

you are definitely the king of Parent Child apps :slight_smile:

2 Likes