[FEEDBACK] Building a Withings Integration

Hmmm yeah, I see the API is all metric?

Maybe we have to move with the times :smiley: But then again the US are mostly metric, but still use Miles :stuck_out_tongue: So just as bad as us lol.

But I do like this :slight_smile: Also, as I dont have the scale its taking the data from my iPhone, which is in fact incorrect. It shows it as 14:12.2 which is rubbish. That says 14.12 st & 2 lbs. I raised this with my scale company, and they have never fixed it. I hope WT is better :wink:

On the height, I'm 5ft 10in, I still don't know what that is in cm :joy:

Who told you the US is mostly metric??? We hang on to the imperial system like we'll die if we don't! Celsius means nothing to me and if you told me you're 80kg I have no idea if you're heavy, or light. Metric means absolutely nothing in my American brain! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha casting my memories back to when I was last there (15 yr old) lol.
Just a few years ago :joy:

I thought you used m and cm for height etc, and Kg for the weight..... oops.
But I do remember the speed limit being 55 mph on the highways :wink:

We use liters for soda bottles for some reason. Everything else is still imperial. I have no idea why soda is metric but for some reason it is. We use lbs for weight, but we don't use stones at all. I think that's a UK thing only.

1 Like

Ah ok. Yeah we're metric here in liquid. Wine and spirits usually 70cl, or 1lt if youre going large. Yet we still use pints and fl oz in the pubs :smiley:

So you buy a bottle of whiskey in cl and you sell in fl oz. The world is NUTS!
Ok scrap that, they moved spirits to metric.

Type Measures
Still wine 125ml, 175ml, multiples of 125ml and 175ml
Port, sherry or other fortified wine 50ml, 70ml, multiples of 50ml or 70ml
Gin, rum, vodka and whisky Either 25ml and multiples of 25ml, or 35ml and multiples of 35ml (not both on the same premises)
Draught beer and cider Third, half, two-thirds of a pint and multiples of half a pint

Do the WT scales have the concept of St and lbs? If so, I hope they have done it better than my Rephno scales have :expressionless: Think I'll have to look at the WT scales now.

I saw someone saying they do. I don't know for sure. Mine shows lbs fine, but not sure what it does for stones.

1 Like

Hahahaha, brilliant!! :joy:

Ok, I see it does :wink:
Body Composition: Weight (kg, lb, st), weight trends, body fat and water percentage, muscle and bone mass

Gonads??

5 Likes

Measurement Systems will officially be listed as Imperial, Metric, and Gonads.

3 Likes

Almost have the scale fully working:

5 Likes

To confirm, there's nothing like "stones" for height, right? It's just ft and in?

2 Likes

No, but can we use Hands? :joy:

5 Likes

When you get into looking at the data returned for the Sleep, check out if it has anything that would be useful for making two co-located Sleep pads more reliable against cross-talk. Although placement of two Sleep pads under the same mattress helps in that regard, it doesn't seem to completely eliminate one Sleep pad sometimes registering an in-bed status when one person occupies the other side of the bed where the other Sleep pad is. If, say, the API gave details like quantitative pressure per pad, perhaps Hubitat logic could deduce cross-talk situations and ignore an in-bed notification in that case. Just talking out loud really... I am skeptical the API would have that detailed of info....

1 Like

Unfortunately, no there is not. You get the abstracted data, not raw data like pressure. I can pretty much read what the app reports, sleep state, duration, snoring, etc. There's nothing that is device level data like pressure.

I've always put this down to the Mrs "star fishing" whilst she has the chance :joy:

But Seriously, I wonder if having the pads perpendicular to the bed would help?
We have a king size, and I've not found this to be an issue,. unless she is "star fishing", or shes actually in the middle or on my side only.

Can we have a switch to turns that off, per pad, or set to Zero in HE, I could then show her I dont snore, but she does :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha. Yeah, we have a queen at the moment so even a little star fishing jeopardizes the integrity of the readings. It's better now that i have the pads practically perpendicular and at opposite edges, but it's not perfect.

1 Like

Lol. Yes, that's gotta go on the "must have" feature list for v1.0. And the ability to lock her out of the Health Mate app so she can't cheat our rouse.

1 Like

I see several people said they have a scale (I have a Body Cardio) and I know several have Sleep Pads (mine will be here tomorrow), who said they have a BPM? Anyone have the Fitness Trackers or Thermometers? Trying to figure out who can help test!

As a note, as far as I can tell if you have multiple Users in Withings, you will need to install multiple copies of the integration. I believe each OAuth token is good only for one "user." So if you have a scale for example that two people use, you'll have two devices in HE, one for you and one for your significant other.

2 Likes