[FEEDBACK] Building a Withings Integration

Too bad the API doesn't have real-time notifications for sleep state, e.g., light, deep, etc.. Could be cool to use that for smart wakeup alarm or lighting, etc.

What is the heart rate monitor you speak of? I did not know Withings had one. I ended up going with a QardioArm and it is ok....

There is a notification for "sleep" but it's unclear what that includes and when it is triggered. Guess we'll see when I get this working!

Anyway just got yelled at to get off the computer, so I'll pick this up again tomorrow!

Dammit @dman2306, I was expecting a well-polished app tonight...... Oh well, I can wait until tomorrow :smile:

2 Likes

Hey my original comment said 2-3 weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have two sleep pads here, but they are connected to SmartThings WT Connector app and driver here. The scale is also included. Funnily enough I hadnt seen this (or the other thread) but was looking at porting the app and driver last night.

For me the pad connected to ST has been working very well. As has the IFTTT setup.
As the WT app is on my iPhone and health data allowed, I also see the other attributes, as well as the sleep data.

I use my other halves sleep pad for when I'm working away. If occupied for X minutes, after 23:00 then the house is set to Night mode, gives me piece of mind all is off and I'll be notified, should anything happen.

I seriously love the Withings app.

?!?
Must. Work. Harder.
Plus it's the weekend coming up so that's 2 full days you can commit to this development right?

:smile:

1 Like

It has kind of grown on me as well.

1 Like

Thinking also that if you need any beta testers it's a great excuse for me to spend more time in bed this weekend...

:smile: :yawning_face:

1 Like

I see the api returns a fair bit amount of data. That is pretty cool.

1 Like

I like that attitude. He did say in an earlier post that he would work on the app "tomorrow." At least where I live, it is tomorrow......... :smile:

Yeah exactly. I just don't understand all this delay!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Me either. You would think he had a family and a life. Sheesh. I don't get it LOL.

@dman2306, I am just kidding..... I appreciate your work on this integration. As I said earlier, I tried to jump in and learn and was going to attempt a go. May still do it just to learn. But I couldn't get past the Oauth stuff.

2 Likes

Agree, I'm just joking too. Very excited if we can the Withings stuff integrated and then use Hubigraph to allow my wife to show me I'm spending way too much time in bed according to the sleep pads and then the scales to complain about me being too fat :crazy_face:

1 Like

Exactly where I became stuck :frowning:

1 Like

The OAuth stuff was painful because it's not documented. @storageanarchy's Ecobee Suite provided a great example so thanks to him for that! I plan to add it to the HE developer documentation wiki now that I understand how it works so that it's easier for the next guy!

4 Likes

A question since there are some UK folks on this thread. I planned to support imperial and metric for scale measurements. But I read that the scale also displays stones. Which a friend of mine from Scotland reminds me they still use. I figured I might as well support that as well... but what the heck would I call it. Imperial to me always meant lbs, Metric kg... what the heck do you call stones???

Pretty much all of UK use both (due to being forced by the EU to move to KG and gm) but we can display both lbs and kg.

This may help :smiley: Stone (unit) - Wikipedia

And some of still prefer the way we were taught :wink:
14 lb = 1 stone

1 stone = 6.35 KG

Easy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the lesson. So I guess the problem is though, if you were 21lbs, you wouldn't say 1.5 st right? You'd say 1st 7lbs? HE doesn't really have a great way to represent those kinds of units. I'll have the same problem with height (the Withings API has a field for height, but I don't know of anything that reports height???)

Meaning I can say you're 6.25ft but no one would ever say that (or even really know what it means easily!) because we'd say 6ft 3in. Hmm.... Damn it a situation where metric makes life easier. Regardless, it will be a cold day in hell before I agree to use the metric system!!!

Anyone have any thoughts? I guess I could make two attributes? One called like "weight" and one "weightDisplay" so weight would be value: 2.5 unit: "st" and weightDisplay would be value: 2st 7lbs

Thoughts?

1 Like