Fastest my hub has ever been

Naw.. I figured you already did that based on your comments.

:smiley:

was asking @raidflex

1 Like

Thanks, good for me to update my post w/that info anyway. I'm about ready to exclude everything and do a Z-wave radio reset. Really tired of things dying every late afternoon/evening. Family is starting to think I'm a raving lunatic.

No, wait, that's not new.

:wink:

4 Likes

I'm very interested in your situation cause I've been thinking about making the jump to C7 - but I have like 150 devices, mixed Zigbee/Zwave (across 2 hubs). Think I will hold off a little longer but the temptation is strong.

Others seem to be doing OK, and maybe my problems are tied into that ghost device. I've removed and re-included six devices that were on either side of the mystery device, (three added before, and the three added after) and that hasn't helped me get rid of it

1 Like

What a reversal of roles:
This is was my zwave data on a C5:

This is the same device on my new C7:

So, why should performance be so much difference?
The new C7 is in exactly the same spot as the C5.
It's still just one hop away from the Hub (confirmed by PC Controller).
Why is the performance of the new C7 Hub on exactly the same device so much different?

Have you tried to use the PC COntroller program to get rid of those nodes?
I did, and had some success at that.

I don't have the UZB-7 yet, so I don't think I can do that yet.

I cannot find where to actually purchase the uzb-7 zwave USB stick on the Silabs site. I can find discussions, data sheets, etc., but can't find the UZB-7 USB stick. Can you point me to it?

Here's where I bought from:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A?qs=sGAEpiMZZMve4%2FbfQkoj%2BNEfRvhA8yqctH3nhvzmHIE%3D

3 Likes

In order to use PC Controller you need a Zooz Zstick, or a Aeotec ZStick, or something like that. (I think that the Nortek UZB will also work, but I'm not sure.)

I've used PC Controller with numerous Z-Wave USB sticks including the Nortek and excluding the zooz stick all the others you mentioned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 nortek, 3 zooz, 5 uzb-7, 1 uzb-s

2 Likes

Ordered. Thanks!

@bcopeland's is bigger than mine. :frowning:

3 Likes

Well 2.2.3.135 seems to be better but I am still seeing those spikes consistently. But the overall latency did drop as you can see below. Also I noticed multiple events logged when performing a single action with my Z-Wave devices, I posted this in another thread to keep it separate though.

1 Like

My hubs have been consistently (but not perceivably) slower since upgrading from 2.2.3.119. I am also seeing fewer of the 5 second spikes on my hub that has z-wave enabled. I haven’t had these spikes on the other hub. Both are C-5 hubs.

On a side note: My non-zwave C-5 locked up for the first time ever on the fifth day after upgrading to .119. I couldn’t even access it from the 8081 interface and had to unplug it. The latency hadn’t been increasing prior to the lockup and the web ui was also very responsive immediately before the lockup. I had previously been rebooting both hubs on a twice weekly scheduled rule. I have paused this rule since .118 due to not seeing any pattern of increased latency.

In past FW versions I used to have pretty solid 600ms response times on average, so it has crept up over the releases. But It was not until 2.2.3.119 did I see those consistent spikes.

FYI, another slowness on my side. I was one of the ones on 2.2.2.129 who experienced huge lag and slow automations on 2.2.3 (goodnight routines took 5-10 seconds), so I rolled back to 2.2.2.129.

I tried to go up to 2.2.3.135 with the latest updates, but the web UI is slow again (~5 sec page loads for apps, devices). This is ALSO with all my RM rules disabled (as I've moved all of those to Node-Red). Also my goodnight routine is slower by a few seconds than with 2.2.2.129 + Node-red doing the actions (which was instant).

Back to 2.2.2.129 I go, again. Oh, and the backup is smaller on (34MB -> 4MB) on 2.2.3.. go figure

I've rolled back from .135 to 2.2.3.119 on my C7, and am stable again. Z-Wave is working, mesh is holding up, and hub is responsive and automations and buttons work.

If you're looking for a usable 2.2.3 version, for me .119 is the one at the moment. If what you have is working, then unless there is something else in .119 you need, obviously no reason to change. :slight_smile:

I didn't even touch .119, staying put on .118 for now. :slight_smile:

You conservative .118'ers are so 2010. :wink:

1 Like