Fastest my hub has ever been

I see a future in politics for this young padawan...

9 Likes

So what you’re saying is that when I had no custom apps/drivers installed and my hub needed nightly reboots, the bad apps/drivers were the stock ones? I had to add a second hub and use custom code to make the hub more forgiving of the stock apps. :rofl:
Please don’t take offense. I feel a little good hearted razzing is called for now that so much progress is being made in hub stability. My original hub, that I had to reboot daily at one point, has been so stable since 2.2.3.118 that I even got so bold as to install Echo Speaks on it as a test. It hasn’t had a noticeable effect on the hubs performance in the past week and I disabled the reboot routine as well. Fantastic job to the HE team! Stability is appreciated more than any new feature you could have imagined.

4 Likes

Thank you - and we welcome friendly ribbing. Makes for good motivation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fix for some gohst issues! I'm in on this one.

2 Likes

@bcopeland

Is there any particular action required to engage this feature in the update? Wait for nightly maintenance, try Repair on ghost device like below, or ?

• Fixed some issues dealing with C-7 ghost nodes.

Also, @mike.maxwell said he was going to look into the Zooz double plug, that he had one on order. Any love for the Zooz double plug in this release, or is that most likely a "Zooz fix required?"

Is this truly a ghost node?.. have you tried hitting refresh and / or discover? ..

I was not aware of this one.. I'm going to start a thread for driver issues so we can get a good list of what needs to be worked on.

2 Likes

Yes, tried refresh, discover, remove, etc. no effect.

Survived multiple FW updates.

Says this after refresh, and no change after Discover:

Should I hit Repair on it? (I've tried that in the past and it hasn't helped.)

Do you want us to post outstanding driver issue ticket numbers for which we haven’t received a reply in months?

I see it now has the option to remove.. try that

No joy, back to showing previous info:

Repair now?

I created a new thread so we can get all the driver issues in one place.. Please post a reply on that thread..

@danabw try a shutdown. It likely won't survive the shutdown / startup .

1 Like

K. Thanks.
Off to do that now... :slight_smile:

I do have two Zooz ZSE18's. After updating to 2.2.3.135 the Z-Wave details page shows one with an OK status and the other as FAILED with remove, replace, refresh and repair options. However it is working and communicating with it just fine. So just an FYI. This is on a C7.

@bcopeland

Sound of creaking as coffin opens, camera pans slowly to show what's inside...

Buwa-ha-ha-ha....

Seemingly can't be killed. Some special type of Z-Wave Zombie. :slight_smile:

Time to click the Repair button on that line?

1 Like

1 Like

It is kinda ironic that I intentionally held off on moving to HE to wait until the platform had matured and offered broad device support and stable FW.

Then I decide make the move and my first HE device is the brand new cutting-edge C7 hub. Nobody's fault but mine. :wink:

1 Like

I have 2 C7 hubs that have not yet been activated. Am thinking that after this latest update I might just give it a shot.. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Definitely getting better.

1 Like