Fastest my hub has ever been

Nope. Iā€™ve rolled back.

and now is it super fast once again?

Appears to be. Iā€™ll see tomorrow.

EDIT: Yep, still faster than ever on 2.2.2.129

I experienced the same issue, roll back fixed it. I also tried reboot, power down and soft reset before I rolled back but none of that helped.

Was just coming to post this exact thing. Not sure what this latest update did (I think 2.2.3.119 rather than .118), but it's amazingly fast now (loading pages via web interface have NEVER loaded this fast) on my C-5. It also fixed my Lutron integration slowness with Picos, etc. Reboots previously didn't help for long. Well done guys. This is awesome.

My backups also dropped to a fraction of what they were... 3.7MB vs 21.4MB.

Perhaps one of the causes (there are likely others) of the hub lockup/crashes are due to creating backup file size.
Which is why they are making them smaller now.

I have had the hub occasionally lockup saving a 30-40 mb file size mp3 to the file folder.

1 Like

Did you have any issues in updating to 2.2.3 on a c5?

I tried it, and had to roll back due to issues.

all my hubs (one C-3 and two C-5 hubs) updated fine. no issues. All my hubs are north american versions.
My C-3 does however lockup regularly just waiting for my C-7 to arrive and will take a lot of excess apps, DH and devices off it.
It is my first Hubitat hub so is loaded up with a lot of excess files.
My C-5 hubs have locked up in the past (not very often) but not since the latest update (which was only yesterday so hard to say yet if it made them better).

Here is a look at what happen after i updated to 2.2.3, you can see the massive increase in response times to the UI. Almost as if it seems something is running constantly after the update. Again it drops off once I roll back the update. The slight drop off was after i attempted a soft reset and power down of the hub, but it was still much higher then normal until today when reverted back.

1 Like

the new firmware does not like something on your hub.
My hubs are reading 0.2-0.4
With the new firmware installed you could go to each device and enable debug and see if there is any excess data in the logs.
Same for your rules or apps. but a device would be my first guess.

1 Like

I should not have to go through 150 devices and almost 100 automations, considering everything was fine before the update. I noticed in the update notes that was "performance and stability improvements" but there was no details. This really doesn't help when trying to diagnose issues that may be related to those changes.

1 Like

I would prefer more details too.

However, if it is all back end database stuff (which I expect it is) there isn't really any user troubleshooting that can be done anyway. You can't see the H2 database structure, queries, or maintenance tasks.

So all you can really do is report the regression, and live with it or roll back to 2.2.2 - which is what you did.

1 Like

I just wonder what it is about this update that has made some hubs so much faster, but apparently is causing serious problems for others. I havenā€™t rebooted since the .118 update I did on the 13th and my Watchdog times have remained between 0.05 & 0.08. I shut off my reboot rule, which otherwise would have run Sunday morning. I know itā€™s premature to say this has eliminated the slowdown issue, but Iā€™m feeling pretty hopeful after almost 4 days.

1 Like

Don't know.

My hubs (all 4) are blazingly fast on 2.2.3... But I know/acknowledge that I am not a "representative" user, as I have almost zero apps and basically no logic in the hub at all.

Mine should all be fast - always. lol. They are essentially only doing "z" devices and maker api.

1 Like

I'm running a C5 and after the update my bench tests show a 37% improvement in command execution. I used to reboot the hub every three days because of performance drop off. If I didn't reboot by day five performance would be at a near standstill. I am on day four and performance is still blazing fast. If the hub can make it a week without rebooting I'll declare my hub slowdown issues resolved. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s funny (strange, not haha), is that the faster of my 2 hubs has always been the one with most of the rules, and all of the end-devices. The one with all the zigbee bulbs, zwave plus dimmers, and very few rules, is also the one that needs rebooted twice a week. They actually have a similar number of devices.

Can you give us a general idea of what your load is?

My guess would be the zigbee bulbs...

1 Like

Smart bulbs are the devil (my opinion).

5 Likes

+1