Fastest my hub has ever been

My one went from 35 MB to 4.9 MB and my other went from 37 MB to 4.7MB. WOW.

Oooh see now this is the kind of thread I shouldnā€™t click on. I really like my Hubitat, the company, and the community. I also try to wait a few weeks after a major release till all the kinks are worked out. Itā€™s got to be virtually impossible to QA against the nearly infinite combinations of hubs/devices/rules/apps that all of us have prior to release. So it is entirely understandable, to me (personal opinion, not fact) that there are bugs in the releases and Iā€™m usually fine waiting a week or so.

That said, having my rules run faster (theyā€™re not bad as it is)... so tempting. Must. resist. temptation....

8 Likes

At this point I would wait. There will be a point release/hot fix or two before you know it!

3 Likes

A misplaced comma could destroy the universe. Let's all be careful out there. :slight_smile:

I have no objective proof, but my subjective feelings match up about performance.

2 Likes

I'll blame Covid. It is the cause of all other troubles in the world right now.
:mask:

2 Likes

My back up has gone from 35Mb to 4.7Mb
Cool.

I'm thinking to recheck some of my previously very slow motion lighting rule machine routines which I've migrated to Node-RED, to see if it's time to reintegrate them :slight_smile: I still have them ready, paused on the hub..

3 Likes

While I know there is no easy way to compare due to different setups, my ML routines are blazing fast.

1 Like

I also noticed that even though my HubConnect proxy server and Homebridge went down for several hours today due to a thunderstorm, my hubs never slowed down from it. I just restarted the server and everything was back to normal. Very exciting! Yes I know, I need another UPS for the server. The hubs are already on one.

Unfortunately Iā€™m having the opposite experience. Things were super-fast before the update, now my goodnight routine has some laggy lights and the UI is noticeably slower than last version. Nothing new has been added. sigh

Any clues in the logs?

Nope. Iā€™ve rolled back.

and now is it super fast once again?

Appears to be. Iā€™ll see tomorrow.

EDIT: Yep, still faster than ever on 2.2.2.129

I experienced the same issue, roll back fixed it. I also tried reboot, power down and soft reset before I rolled back but none of that helped.

Was just coming to post this exact thing. Not sure what this latest update did (I think 2.2.3.119 rather than .118), but it's amazingly fast now (loading pages via web interface have NEVER loaded this fast) on my C-5. It also fixed my Lutron integration slowness with Picos, etc. Reboots previously didn't help for long. Well done guys. This is awesome.

My backups also dropped to a fraction of what they were... 3.7MB vs 21.4MB.

Perhaps one of the causes (there are likely others) of the hub lockup/crashes are due to creating backup file size.
Which is why they are making them smaller now.

I have had the hub occasionally lockup saving a 30-40 mb file size mp3 to the file folder.

1 Like

Did you have any issues in updating to 2.2.3 on a c5?

I tried it, and had to roll back due to issues.

all my hubs (one C-3 and two C-5 hubs) updated fine. no issues. All my hubs are north american versions.
My C-3 does however lockup regularly just waiting for my C-7 to arrive and will take a lot of excess apps, DH and devices off it.
It is my first Hubitat hub so is loaded up with a lot of excess files.
My C-5 hubs have locked up in the past (not very often) but not since the latest update (which was only yesterday so hard to say yet if it made them better).

Here is a look at what happen after i updated to 2.2.3, you can see the massive increase in response times to the UI. Almost as if it seems something is running constantly after the update. Again it drops off once I roll back the update. The slight drop off was after i attempted a soft reset and power down of the hub, but it was still much higher then normal until today when reverted back.

1 Like

the new firmware does not like something on your hub.
My hubs are reading 0.2-0.4
With the new firmware installed you could go to each device and enable debug and see if there is any excess data in the logs.
Same for your rules or apps. but a device would be my first guess.

1 Like