Error using the Device Firmware Updater in 2.2.4 with Inovelli LZW36 Firmware v1.36 (Beta)

Usually gets set the first time the device initializes with the driver, what happens if you hit Configure?

hit configure, and this field showed up:

• numberOfButtons : 8

I'll try to re-add the '0' fw driver once the room is empty end of day. Don't want to hear any complaining if the light goes off during a FW update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I had the same error about the transferred image not matching. Zooz Zen32 Scene controller, using built in firmware updater on C7 hub. Excluded device, re-paired without security, and firmware update was successful. After that, excluded, then re-paired with s2 security. Kind of a pain, but not terrible.

Yeah, the built-in updater has issues with S2 (not sure about S0) devices... As you found out, if you remove security, the update then typically works fine.

I just have one device on S2 -- a Zen17 (it's for my GDO) - I put it on S2 after the latest Z17 update but before I knew about this issue, so now I have regrets...

Zooz's Z17 firmware is now pretty well established & stable, but I'm dreading a future update. This a good reminder I should probably just remove S2 from it before winter hits (gets cold out in that detached garage if I have to take off all those small wires in order to bring it in the house closer to the hub).