Error trying to access some rules in RM after update to 2.2.0.121

@bravenel

I just updated to 2.2.0.121

I have 15 rule in RM that use a button device as the trigger. All 15 of them are titled "Button controller - xxxx" where xxxx = the name of the device.

I get this error trying to access 7 of them:

app:18912020-04-21 08:39:50.790 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:18922020-04-21 08:39:48.347 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:14442020-04-21 08:39:42.604 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:13792020-04-21 08:39:35.688 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:21132020-04-21 08:39:32.786 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:21792020-04-21 08:39:29.173 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

app:16022020-04-21 08:39:07.616 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" on line 274 (mainPage)

I have 43 RMs in total. This is only affecting the 7 i have mentioned.

Comments?

I rolled back to 2.1.9.117 and all rules are accessible again.

I have a couple existing button rules in RM4 and do not see this error on the newest firmware. It must be some certain setting or combination of settings causing it.

1 Like

i'm sure you are right - the perfect storm.

Honestly i planned to move the button controllers back into the resurrected app to clean up my RM section. I will take screenshots & then reapply the update tomorrow.

This is one of teh rules i was unable to access on 2.2.0.212

Why do you have blank buttons with no actions? Maybe that is causing grief? I would delete, for example, button 1 held.

Good question, but I do have a good answer.

I have fully populated all the button actions in all my button device triggered rules.

If I try to delete the unused fields I can update the rule but when I hit done i get this;

Seems like you have a larger issue there. Did you try putting something in there, save, and then go back and delete those actions?

No.

It’s always been like this. If I go in and create a new rule, select button device and just create an action for say button 1 double tap, I will get the same error when saving.

All my button devices are Zooz zen21,22,26 and 27. Maybe something funky with the Zooz driver???

Maybe, or maybe a firmware thing.

What firmware is your Zen22? They are up to 3.07 now. https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/297-zen22-dimmer-change-log/

I just updated mine, and there are lots of nice new features since the 3.0 version I was on. Shoutout to Agnes Zooz.

Agnes sent me 3.05 in December

Neat you can now control the led brightness at night. I will ping her tomorrow. Thanks.

That should be new enough to not cause issues.

Let me try a button controller in RM using my Zen22 and see what happens. Be right back.

Hmm, I wonder if I only have the issue with the zen26’s rules with the update.

Cannot duplicate this with the Zen22. I built a clone of your rule using all the pushed/held/released selected, and then was able to delete without error all but pushed 1 and pushed 2.

I don't have a Zen26 to test. There are some firmware updates on these too, not sure where you are at with these. https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/302-zen26-s2-switch-change-log/

Yes I am on the latest and I probably have seven of those so this may line up. I will investigate further tomorrow. I appreciate your insight.

@bravenel

Bruce, any insight here?

I know where the problem is, and will find a fix for it. We will see about getting that out in a hot fix release. There was a "fix" that broke it on line 274.

5 Likes

Thank you Bruce for confirming that it you have it covered. I will be happy to test any hotfix when available.

@neonturbo. I have confirmed that I am able to delete unused button actions from Zen21 and Zen22 button controller rules but I can not from Zen26 or Zen27 button controller rules. Interesting.

And this issue is actually affecting 8 (not 7) of my 15 button controllers. 7 are zen26 and one is Zen27. But I also have a couple zen26 and one Zen27 button controllers that did not show the issue. So definitely inconclusive.

I am also having trouble accessing a few of my rules. I am in the process of moving to Simple Automation and Motion Lighting as well as setting up modes instead of global variables and I am getting the following

This is in the Logs

Sent you a pm about this.

Also sent you a pm about this.