Error message in Mobile App

Anybody seen this error message on iOS mobile app when selecting "Notifications" from Tools menu?

"Error DeviceID [mobile-app-deviceid] not registered to email address [my-email-address]"

I was poking around the app because I noticed my presence suddenly stopped updating for reasons that continue to baffle. If I move the geofence pin so that I'm IN then OUT of the geofence, the debug log shows the correct changes in location, but nothing is reflected on the presence device on the hub.

One theory: I created the virtual mobile app device on the hub first and then logged onto the mobile app, selecting that device. In the past, I've let the mobile app automatically create the device. Could this be the problem?

Edit: Send Geo Event doesn't help.

I can't remember the exact error, but I remember seeing something unexpected a while back when I got a new phone and restored a backup from my old phone. I also seem to have bad luck with the "use existing device" option, and my solution has been to log out of the app, log back in, choose my hub (you'll only see that if you have multiple hubs), and then choose to create a new device. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app in the past (on iOS, this is an easy way to erase all app settings, including logging you out; I assume Android is similar), but I can't remember if that helped or was just one step I tried. Just some ideas if you haven't tried. :slight_smile:

Also, because I've had to do this a couple times (and already use the app on multiple devices to start with), I wrote a "proxy" notification driver/app that I use to make swapping real devices easier. Check it out here if you're interested: Global Notification Device Variable? - #4 by bertabcd1234

1 Like

Unfortunately the above advice from @bertabcd1234 didn't solve it for me (but appreciate the attempt, just the same).

So I submitted a ticket to Hubitat support, and got an odd reply (below).

Thank you for reaching out to us. The issue you reported has been referred to our engineering team and we will reach out to you if additional details about this incident are needed.

This note suggests to me that they might respond if they need additional details. Huh? I'm the one who needs a response regarding an ongoing error condition in the mobile app. I provided detailed context, screen shots, and of course the error message itself.

I asked for clarification ten days ago and have yet to hear back. The message goes on to explain that further emails from me will be ignored. What? Huh? I'm so confused. I've literally never heard of a support function unilaterally closing/ignoring tickets when a customer's issue is still open.

I've only had great experiences with Hubitat, so I just have to believe that I'm the one that's missing something here? @bobbyD? Anybody?

The phrase referred to engineering generally means that there isn’t a quick fix available and that it will need to be added into a patch or full release.

Ah that makes total sense. For those of us who aren’t engineers, I would’ve never guessed that’s what that meant.

Wonder how one ever finds out what happened with the issue?

Want to say when it is slotted into a release/patch they’ll let you know the number, and then it’s just a matter of watching for the upgrade available message.