Error 500

Itā€™s happened again.
Automation may be local but thats of little comfort if nothing works.

:frowning: DB corrupted also? I saw something strange with file corruption yesterday while deleting devices and editing a rule in RM. Not sure if those events are related to the file corruption issue or not. I deleted my ECObee integration which deleted all the thermostat and temperature sensors BUT there were a few rules that were still using those devices that got deleted. When I try to edit those rule with the missing devices, I started getting error staying file corruption hence error 500. I was able to reboot yesterday and got back into RM to edit the rules with the missing devices and save. Hopefully nothing is corrupted anymore.

Back up often to protect yourself.

2 reboots and Iā€™m back working again.
This is becoming to regular for my liking.
May migrate back to ST.

1 Like

Ok, donā€™t do that. Before you remove a device, check if itā€™s connected to automations (itā€™ll say which apps are using the device at the bottom) and remove the device from the automations first.

Yes, I should have edited the rules before removing a device, BUT there need to be some safeguards in place to prevent impatient people like me from doing stupid stuffs like that that can cause extensive down time.

1 Like

Managed to get things back on track by doing a restore from 2 days ago, deleting a webCoRE piston and a device.
The device was deleted before without deleting it from a piston first.
I agree. Perhaps devices should not be able to be deleted if they are still tied to an automation.
Itā€™s not an issue for me in ST.
Itā€™s all a learning curve.

@bravenel Could you add a warning or just block people from deleting devices still attached to automations? Seems like this is starting to cause problems.

It does warn you, and it should not cause a problem.

Well this is just greatā€¦ Error 500 again tonight. I didnā€™t do anything either. Things were working fine this afternoon and now error 500. Time to power cycle I guess. @bobbyD whatā€™s going on?

So power cycle brought things back to normal for now.

I just got the error 500 tonight as well. The hub froze up in the middle of configuring an RM rule. Had to pull the plug. Itā€™s now stuck at 70% for the past 5 minutes. Going to pull the plug again and pray.

@bravenel @patrick any idea whatā€™s going on here. I was noticing lag spikes on 706 from time to time. Now full lockup on 707. Getting a bit worried here.

Okā€¦so a second hard reboot got the hub onlineā€¦BUTā€¦it seems to have automatically reverted to an old database. I now have a device that I deleted earlier today is back. Everything that I configured today, including a updating 5 apps, 4 dashboards, etcā€¦all gone. NOT HAPPY :disappointed_relieved:

yes, itā€™s seems to be doing auto restore of a previous version as I found out too. I found that out too. I wish I know what is causing the error 500. Are they any logs that support can get to help diagnose this?

What were you doing when you got the 500?

The timing of this is what making it so aggravating. I didnā€™t have time all week to make a bunch of changes and I picked today to spend a few hours adjusting a few rules and configuring the new 707 optionsā€¦then proof all gone. I canā€™t even remember everything I updated today.

I was just recreating a RM rule to work with 2 motion sensors (I couldnā€™t get the Motion aggregator to work right). The page froze and when I refreshed I got the 500 error

I need more details about what specifically you were doing, what page you were on.

I was configuring a Triggered rule. In the middle of "actions for false ". Canā€™t remember the exact field for sure but I believe I was somewhere in the turn off dimmers section.

OK, so when you ā€œpull the plugā€, there is a good chance that the database becomes corrupted when you do that.

Before resorting to that, open another tab in your browser and see if the hub is alive or not. If a page is ā€œfrozenā€, best bet is to close that tab, not to pull the plug. If the database became corrupted, the hub is going to load the most recent backup, since loading a corrupted database wonā€™t get you anywhere at all. We highly recommend against pulling power.

I tried to connect to the hub from my phone and my PC. I even force closed chrome on my phone to make sure it wasnā€™t the browser. All displayed error 500. I then waited 10 minutes before pulling the plug.

As I said, nothing was done. I just logged in but all I see is the error 500.