Error 500

When it happened to me, I can go to http://ip:8081 and I can see the firmware page but nothing is listed.

Based on my response above what exact steps would you recommend we follow if this happens again.

Make backups! Especially if youā€™re spending hours on routines.

That was my planā€¦when I was finished making changes. This happened in the midst of changes. Lesson learned. I no longer trust this hub until it gets stable again. Itā€™s been very iffy for the past week.

I even removed a bunch of apps/drivers because I thought they may have been causing the lag problems and automatons failingā€¦ecobee, smarttiles, my inovelli and lifx drivers. Nothing has helped and now a total lock up.

The worst part of this will be recreating the dashboard. It was a painstaking process to get everything lined up on each dashboard the way I wanted and then create it again for mobile. I wish I at least exported the template so it would be easy to recreate.

That does really suck. Iā€™m going to make a backup of my own nowā€¦ I only spent about 20mins on my dashboard but Iā€™m nervous now.

In the future, if you get an unexpected 500 error please promptly contact support, as we would like to investigate to find the cause,

2 Likes

Will do. Letā€™s hope it wonā€™t be necessary :crossed_fingers:

Well, Iā€™m scared to say this and jinx myself butā€¦ .ever since the hub hung and loaded ā€œthe last known goodā€ backup ā€¦the wonkiness I was experiencing for the past week and a half has gone away. Canā€™t say why but Iā€™m just glad it appears to be humming along again. Keeping em crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Ohhh manā€¦ not so good news. Just tried to connect to the hub but no respond. Couldnā€™t ping it either. Looking at the HUB, i see the RED led is ON. @bobbyD @bravenel @patrick Anything I should try before pulling power?

Email support@hubitat.com , thatā€™s my suggestion. They may be able to learn what caused the issue if it can be remotely accessed.

Red light means its shut down. Blue means its running. Iā€™d pull plug and plug back in. Itā€™s possible a power failure occurred?

No indication of a power failure. It is on a rather cheap power strip but if power did cycle, the hub should have rebooted back to normal right?. Replacing the cheap power strip anyway to see.

The red light would indicate it somehow shutdown while powered. In theory a surge could cause thatā€¦ Only official way would be to go in and select shutdown hub in the UI.

Are there any logging if user perform a shutdown? If not, can it be added please? i am wondering if anyone in the house was messing with the hub but i doubt the wife and kids know how to do that. I was not operating the computer drunk last night so ā€œit wasnā€™t me!!ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Running a ping monitor software now so if it drop offline, i can at least tell when.

Setup a dashboard on a tablet, and youā€™ll know right away if Hubitat isnā€™t responding

only if i staring night and day at the tablet. :slight_smile:

Fair. I have mine mounted in the hall between the kitchen and the entrance with fully kiosk and it wakes up when I walk by.

Just got the dreaded error 500 here too. Looks like this is happening to a lot of people. In my case I wasnā€™t doing anything, just noticed that the kitchen lights didnā€™t turn off after no motion. So I tried to load the dashboard to do it manuallyā€¦it didnā€™t load so I went to the hub and got the error. Light is blue on hub.

On a side note, Iā€™ve always wished there was a log saved so when something doesnā€™t happen as expected it could be loaded up and taken a look at. Without trying to recreate the problem. This was a huge plus when I was using Homeseer. Made it very easy for admins/programmers and users to track down problems.

Currently getting error 500ā€™s.
Not touching anything.
Reporting it as requested for support to investigate.
IM me if required.
Thanks.

Well, just noticed I have the dreaded Error 500 again. I havenā€™t changed anything with the system in two days (been too busy). Everything has been running great. Tried to load the dashboard this morning and got the error. But without a log, impossible to even try to see what caused it.

Will email support too.