Error 500 after upgrading to 2.3.8.124

C8 hub After upgrading hub from 2.3.8.119 to 2.3.8.124 I can no longer save changes to any of my devices. Restoring back to 2.3.8.119 the problem goes away.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 17.57.21

2 Likes

@gopher.ny
Yeah,I just tried a Save as well and 500

C8

Can verify this on all hub versions I have C4-C7...... @gopher.ny @bobbyD

Also nothing in the logs that show why either.

Same

We were able to replicate the problem and are looking into it. Thanks for your feedback. Please roll back to previous version from the Diagnostic Tool while we are investigating.

5 Likes

Rolling back...

124 should be pulled as its still available @bobbyD

1 Like

Same on C-8 Pro

I keep checking for .125 update but nothing?
What's wrong with these guys? :rofl:

Very Funny Lol GIF

2 Likes

Imagine if this was on a platform with no way to revert to previous version and the update was pushed down your throat and into your hub without you asking for it :slight_smile: Ah, yes,...

...or when to restore one, for that matter :slight_smile:

Jokes aside, we pulled the update, please revert to previous version while our engineers are investigating. To do so, head to the Diagnostic Tool and select "Restore previous version"

13 Likes

I remember back in the olden days on that other platform. They said, the cloud was the future! ... What a nightmare that was, but I guess if it wasn't for them there probably would never be Hubitat

3 Likes

We are all grateful they lost Rule Machine states. And the rest is history. Lol

6 Likes

Do you / should you do a full restore from the cloud ?
and or a soft reset ? after you restore pervious ver ?

No need, just the platform needs to be reversted to previous version.

2 Likes

This is all you need to do, nothing more. Roll back to the most current prior version you have available in there.

1 Like

Its cool how upgrade alerts and code now support doing an emergency downgrade!

2 Likes

Cool thing is that (except rare cases when a platform update is accompanied by a database restructure) the platform version and hub database can be managed separately. You can change one w/out having to change the other, nice flexibility that I've really valued. Particularly helpful troubleshooting issues.

6 Likes

Just like your car, you can replace your tires without touching your engine. :oncoming_automobile:

4 Likes

I was worried someone might take me seriously.
You guys are great at speedy fixes, I was just having fun.

3 Likes