Error 404

This seems like some sort of a database inconsistency.
Does a soft reset followed by database restore resolve it?

Thsnks for the reply, as I’m new to HE, can you please post directions on how to perform what you’re suggesting?

from a web browser on your pc go to yourhubsipaddr>>settings>>backup and restore.

click the CREATE AND DOWNLOAD button. This will save a clean version of your database to your pc.

Now go to yourhubsip:8081 , user your hub's mac address to log in. Click soft reset and follow instructions.

On reboot it will ask you to restore, Pick the file you downloaded to your pc.

Boom done.

Hi, went through steps above. Issue not resolved, still getting a 404. Please let me know if there is anything else i can do before i restore the hub to factory settings.

open rule machine, click the gear icon at the top, then scroll to the bottom and click REMOVE RULE MACHINE. After it's removed, go to settings and reboot. After reboot, go to APPS on the left handside, then Add built in apps, then pick rule machine. Then try to create a rule.

tried as well. same problem.

I'm out of ideas. Hopefully @gopher.ny or @bobbyd can chime in again

1 Like

I appreciate your help. I will wait few more days to see if anymore suggestions before I factory reset. I just hope this is a fluke issue and won’t be coming back.

I had this same 404 error and the soft reset via the Diagnostics tool worked to clear the problem. Soft reset via pushing the button on the bottom of the Hubitat did not fix the 404 error for me.

It will never fix that error. The button on the bottom of the hub only resets the network settings, not the hub. (Think of it this way, you set the wrong ip on the hub and now can't reach it. Pressing the button changes things back to DHCP for access)

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Just got my C7 a few days ago, I'm a newbie. Lots to learn! Appreciate the help.

2 Likes

Read this post. It will help avoid some gotchas.

I have this same problem, removed, soft reset, re-installed still 404 error 2.3.6.146. I just got this C7 and I am still learning

Are you doing this from a PC or from a phone/tablet?

its windows 11 on edge. I have not registered the hub.

What page are you trying to access? Can you share the full path from your browser's address bar? A screenshot would be best.

Looks like its Not found

Ok, thank you, very odd. I sent you a private message with further details.

Send PM to @bobbyD to join the beta if you need this issue fixed right away.

Thanks for the help its all working now!

1 Like