Envisalink Integration

realized i can log...
2020-03-06 04:42:16.520 pm errorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet connection dropped...

app:62020-03-06 04:42:16.396 pm errorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: send error: Broken pipe (Write failed)

app:62020-03-06 04:42:16.230 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: sendTelnetCommand 00191

app:62020-03-06 04:42:15.978 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: cmdArray: 001

app:62020-03-06 04:42:15.696 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: generateChksum

app:62020-03-06 04:42:15.420 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: composeStatusReport

app:62020-03-06 04:42:15.174 pm debugEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: StatusReport

I'll figure out the telnet thing - also realized its Envisalink 2DS...I think I read I need 3 or 4...

Cheers

EVL 2DS should work...

Do you have another Home Automation hub connected to the unit? only a single connection is supported by the hardware.

@danoj and @cybrmage, I can confirm that mine works fine with a 2DS.

LOL I should have waited a few minutes for a response - ordered v4 and thanks to Prime 1-Day its now installed. Oh well.

However - I do have an integration into an ISY994i that I will eventually move away from, so perhaps that is why. I have a DSC Server app running on a PC that provides the integration. I'll take a look later today, thanks for the responses.

Seem all good now. Absolutely true I can only have one connection at a time...although perhaps 2 modules now means 2 connections possible. :wink:
Is it normal to have a 2 or 3 second lag? The ISY integration is almost instant - perhaps due to the DSCServer. I have not seen a HE integration using DSCServer, but is anyone aware if it, or something similar exists, if timing would be improved?

Thanks!

I'm integrating directly to the Envisalink V4 board using the Telnet app that @Doug originally made up and is now carried on by Brian Wilson.

Hello Eveyone
I am new to HE this week and working on the setup. Went pretty well. I am a previous Vera and ST user and wanted to give HE a try. Having issues with the HSM and DSC talking to each other. I have loaded the app and driver and ran the Envisalink app to setup. The arm buttons in HSM are not arming the system. Any suggestions on this? I realize that this integration is on hold until someone picks it up but I am just checking to see if someone had the same issue??

I have the HSM tile working on the dashboard but it doesnt seem to talk to EVL3.

Thanks

HSM and Envisalink integration never worked for me....BUT the Envisalink app and driver do.

I did finally get it to work today by changing the password on the EL device page to only 6 characters long. All works now.

Now I cant add my phone as device.....LOL

Hey everyone, just installed this on my system at home. I had the RedLoro version on Smartthings and that had some issues for me. So I was excited to see that there was a solution on Hubitat that used native Telnet.

I had all my information at hand and my envisalink was already setup. So the install went very smoothly for me and all my zones are triggering as expected.

But I do have a few questions.

1. The envisalink "Status" does not necessarily reflect what is on the panel or what the Envisalink web page shows. If I fault a zone the envisalink driver still shows the status as "Ready", the panel will say something like "Fault Zone 9 - Dining Room." and Envisalink will say "Not Ready". Is this the expected behaviour? (Vista-15\Envisalink4)

2. I see log messages from the contact sensors come through, but I never see anything from the parent Envisalink driver and there is no obvious way to turn it on. What am I missing here?

3. Is there a way to pause the Envisalink driver to free up the Telnet port on the Envisalink?

Still, it is a fantastic driver and the author(s) should be commended for their work.

1 Like

Responding to my own question here as I've figured out a few things

You have to enable debugging via the Envisalink app, not the driver

I've tried changing the IP address to something non-existent but the driver marches on until I reboot the hub.

But I have also found a new issue, at least on my system.
If I have one zone opening and closing everything works as expected.
If I have one zone already open and a second zone opens this works fine.
But when the second zone closes this event is not detected by the driver (or is perhaps ignored). Is anyone else seeing this?

If I get no response I'll just get stuck into the code I suppose.

I believe the multiple zone thing is a limitation of the Envisalink's ability to interface with Vista systems. DSC systems report close events in a different way. I have the same issue with my Vista 20p.

Well it turns out that the response time for zone openings and closing can vary quite widely. I was getting anywhere from 5-10 seconds to 80 seconds. As I was partially using the contact state to warn me of any doors left open so our pets don't disappear, I needed it to be responsive.

So I did get stuck into the code and added the ability to track zone closings based on the absence of panel messages for a previously open zone. Now I have a predictable response time of 10 seconds or less. If anyone wants to try out my code just let me know.

2 Likes

@triccitax Same here. Looking in the logs it says:

Envisalink Integration: Connection Driver: composeArmNight - NOT SUPPORTED BY DSC PANEL

I know that my panel can arm StayInstant from another controller (VeraLite) so the command is at least possible with the Envisalink 3. I'm looking in the driver code to see if there's a way to fix this.

Did anyone else get NightArming/StayInstant to work on a DSC panel using this integration?

UPDATE: I tweaked some of the driver code and got Night Arming working with a DSC panel. If anyone else wants to do this and needs help just let me know.

2 Likes

can you do a pull request so that @brianwilson can get it incorporated.

Please send it to me and I can add it.

Sure. Should I just paste it here or send it to you in a direct message? I don't have the edited code on GitHub, I just did it locally on the HE.

pasting here will work too..

Yep, pasting it here is fine. I can merge and will make note when it's added.