Enbrighten Dimmer 46203 physical switch not working

I've had a GE Enbrighten 46203 dimmer working for a few months now. Today, I tried adding a Zooz ZSE18 to the network. To test it, I created two rules: 1. trigger when motion active, turn switch on. 2. trigger when motion inactive, turn switch off. This seemed to work ok, except I could no longer control the lights from the wall paddles. Using hubitat to turn the light on and off worked. Using the wall paddles did not.

I deleted the two rules. Still can't control the dimmer from the wall paddles. Only from hubitat.

Tried to exclude it to repair it. Can't exclude it. I go to exclusion mode, and push the wall paddle but nothing happens. Try to force remove and get an Error 500. I've tried re-setting the hub.

Is the switch bricked or is there something else I can try here? Appreciate all thoughts.

Can’t find a parameter listing for this one but many have an option of digital only…

GE Embrighten 46203 parameters

Product Configuration Capabilities

ZSE18 Parameters

Product Configuration Capabilities

1 Like

Try shutting power off at the breaker for 15 to 30 seconds.

Thank you for the suggestions. No luck so far.

Thanks @672southmain those were what I was looking for. @louis.bez looking at the parameters I don’t see any that would disable the physical interaction but you could try changing parameter 16 (size 1) from 0 (dimmer) to 1 (switch mode) and back again.

You could use the Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool if the driver doesn’t offer the option.

1 Like

I tried changing to switch mode and back with no luck.

I was able to fix it by removing the 46203 and installing a Zooz dimmer. Problem solved. Never did like the lack of customizability of the 46203 anyways.