Elusive Z-Wave Issues - Out of Ideas

Same here, I have a ZooZ 4in1 500 series and it works fine. Paired with no security on a C7

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Ya was the 500. Thought I got the 700 but was sent the 500. It doesn't help that the name is all the same. That explains my issues though. Its now sitting in its box again.

My 4-in-1 700 has 700 Series in big red letters on it. If you were sent the wrong ones I would send them back

1 Like

Check! I made sure all were updated to the 1.3 firmware. That is the latest as of last week when I checked with Zooz support.

If you can do w/out your hub for a few days, @lewis.heidrick will do the mod for you for parts + shipping (and I would certainly include a tip). :slight_smile: The next time wife and I are on vacation together I'm going to send my hub to him to do the mod. In the meantime I've mounted my hub vertically on the wall which should for my use (single story ranch style home) improve my hub's signal orientation.

Per this post...

1 Like

He really is one of the good ones... :wink:

However I prefer to destroy my own devices myself thank you very much! Doing so also allows me to buy tools I will rarely use like a new soldering station (based on prior recommendations of this "keeping up with the Jones's" community). Why deny me this?

5 Likes

While waiting for the Antenna to arrive, I too purchased a new soldering iron, expecting to use it on this mod. I ended up using my older one because the new one was taking too long to charge the first time. :smiley:

I'm talking about 3 mins is too long. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, what kind of iron is it? Mine heats up in about 3 seconds.

If you don't buy at least $300 worth of tools to complete a $30 project, the project was definitely not worthwhile.

7 Likes

This one heats up in under a minute. Been pretty happy with it. It's a cheap one but works well.

1 Like

I like that it has a dial. Quick to switch temps without looking with that style.

it was brand new and didn't have a full charge when I pulled it from the package. I plugged it in to charge but was ready to remove the internal antenna before it was charged enough to use. :smiley:

I got the antenna and the soldering iron on the same day.

1 Like

I thought about getting a battery powered one after I saw a review about one by adam savage from myth busters but figured I wouldn't use it often enough to keep the battery in good condition.

1 Like

I have a butane one for the boat. Or had... I sold the boat and it was onboard.

Buddy of mine said the same thing about his ex wife and his boat.

5 Likes

Love this little guy.

My older one is good but uses 4 AA batteries and anything below 75% isn't hot enough or dissipates to quickly.

2 Likes

Throwing another idea out there. Did you ever mess with zwave associations?

I remember turning off a device once that I had associated with another devices. It caused all sorts of issues with my automations. Removed the association to fix it.

Worth mentioning.

2 Likes

@kencoon I think @gavincampbell might be onto something. Didn't you mention in your very first post "When the issues occurs and devices with a direct association on zwave can still control the associated devices"? Might this be a zwave association thing interfering with HE? I honestly haven't heard of anyone but the two of you use zwave associations so it might be a pretty rare issue...

2 Likes