Elevated and Severe Hub Loads with v2.3.4

Can you PM me the hub id on the hub that's slowing down? I'll look at the engineering logs for the clues.

2 Likes

Done. Thank you.

Update: the Hubitat crew found an issue with Hub Mesh that has been causing my issues. A fix is coming in the next release.

6 Likes

@gopher.ny
I don't think disabling hub mesh in settings is working then as I disabled it and my hub still locked up.

Disabling Hub Mesh wasn't the fix for me, refreshing all the keys was.

1 Like

Ok I'll bite
Which hub mesh keys are you referring to?
The mesh token that is only needed if UI security is enabled?
Regardless disabling hub mesh should stop the problem but doesn't.

Yes, on both hubs.

it depends on how deep in the platform the issue is.

Ok thanks I don't have UI security enabled on any hub so it should not be affecting my hub.
I don't think it is the cause though as my other 3 hubs are fine.
It is definitely in the firmware though as the old firmware still works fine.

What is the hub id that's having troubles? I can check the engineering log on the hub for clues.

I’ve had to ditch 2.3.4, the lockups were every day, sometimes twice a day. All hubs are back on 2.3.3.140 with loads around 0.3-0.5 now.

Are any of these hubs C3s or C4s running without radio sticks? If yes, please disable Zigbee and Z-Wave, otherwise hub will try to repeatedly restart zigbee/z-wave stacks.

3 Likes

No, two C7 and one C5. All with Z-Wave disabled as I don’t use it.

my Zwave is disabled as well maybe try enabling Zwave.
I am running a different test at the moment but will try that next.

I’m not having any issues now, other than my “memory low “ rebooting my primary hub every day. A used to take a week between reboots.

Mine are running fine frequently below 200k.not sure you need to reboot as often as you are.

But i imagine the drop in memory is due to the homekit? Shame since i don't use it.

I turned off homekit and it made no difference to memory use on my primary c7. I find I get best performance from both hubs above 250k on 2.3.4. Previous versions ran fine down to 200k for me.

My secondary hub doesn’t have the memory drain issue, but it doesn’t have active radios and only runs my 3rd party cloud and lan integrations.

Where do.u turn.off homekit?

Ya i never added it. So there is no entry to disable it.

1 Like

After you add the app you have to enable it, so yours would be disabled by default.