Ecowitt gw1000 and moisture sensors?

The working version I used and tested is here

https://www.drdsnell.com/projects/hubitat/drivers/AmbientWeather.groovy

beyond that, not too sure what else I can tell you, there isn't much that can go wrong except maybe for firewall or networking issues in your setup. You can always check the Hubitat logs, whithout the driver installed, the gateway messages show as errors in there

Take a screen grab of

WS view "Device List" screen
WS view "Live Data" screen
WS view ""Customized" screen (under weather services)
Hubitat Device Page for the Ecowitt driver showing your current settings for preferences and Device Network ID

D

I included events to show the odd version update thing from the device

Your WS view grab of "customized" show "server IP" set to 192.168.1.30 but your hubitat grab show it to be really on 192.168.1.29. Change it to 192.168.1.29.

Ok saved it, I changed it back to 30 because 29 wasn't working, thought maybe it was some kinda loopback thing

Originally changed it to 30 because 29 wasn't working* to clearify

Oh it started working, snap. I thought it was some kinda loopback thing in the get gateway, damn. Ok here we are. Just not quite englishey

Great, you might want to change the update speed to maybe 5 minutes instead of 16 seconds once your are happy otherwise the event log will grow to incredible size (mine was >18000) which slows down the hubitat interface...

I don't see soil moisture data, maybe not updated yet???

Hmm ya that's weird

What would it look like

I tried turning off Indoor temp?

It would just show as 5 more variables with the sensor values. I don;t have those so if they don't show you will need to grab the log and post it here.

Add the following line to the driver code below "def msg = parseLanMessage(description)":

log.debug msg

Look at the log and when the entry shows up, copy it here...

That it?

Says it needs to be an intager maybe it's bc it's point Whatever

Or maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about

This is an error message, interesting but not what I am looking for, did you just add the one line in the right place???