Ecowitt gw1000 and moisture sensors?

Anyone know if they can be added to hubitat somehow?

A bit late but this should work:

[Update: There were some missing fields but the driver has now been updated to support the Ecowitt moisture sensors, so this is the way to go in general for all Ecowitt devices going through the GW1000]

1 Like

i got an ambient weather device bit it doesnt have any configurable settings for some reason, any idea? i pmed u some screen shots.

Your driver "Type" says "Ambient Weather Device" mine says "AmbientWeather". Did you take the code from here?

https://www.drdsnell.com/projects/hubitat/drivers/AmbientWeather.groovy

Also the network device id needs to be set to the MAC address...

Ok so I pasted your code after that code in device code and got the ambientweather driver but when the app I reinstalled finds my Mac address it says done but doesn't add the device at all.

This driver works without an app, I got confused a bit too at the beginning... There are 2 versions for Ambient Weather drivers, developped by 2 different person. One has a driver only, the other has a driver and an app. The one I use only has a driver....

How do I put my info in the driver... I'm just a bit confused

What info? You just need to set the MAC address as the node id. That will tell the hub to redirect all the messages it receives from the GW1000 to the driver. If you set the GW1000 correctly, the driver will receive the messages and display the values of everything it received. These values can then be used (attributes) anywhere else in the hub, rules,etc.

Ohhh as a virtual device?

Yes

Ok. So it looks good but how do I get information from it? Do I need to wait until it refreshes to like get events?

Hmm. Just says pending refresh.

Yes. The refresh rate is set in the GW1000, the results are updated when the hub receives
a packet. Did you setup the GW1000 according to my post in the other thread?

BTW, the refresh button doesn't work for the GW1000

Well ya I put 16 seconds I think.

Im not home now so dispite having a VPN the wsview app won't work

And /aaa but it originally had something else written in there

That field is disregarded. You also set the MAC address in the "device information" section, not the "Preferences"? Just making sure...

Ya, hmm