Ecolink Zwave Plus Flood/Freeze Sensor driver support

Can someone please write a driver for Ecolink Zwave Plus Flood/Freeze Sensor? It works partially with the Generic Zwave Water Sensor driver, but as far as I can tell, only the water events work; tamper and freeze do not (though I can still see them being logged as debug-level events); not sure about the "battery low" events.
It probably wouldn't be very hard to write the driver; I could probably write one myself if there's a guide on how to modify and install custom drivers.
They have the all the events outlined in the manual:

00 00 00 FF 07 03 00 00 is tamper cover removed
00 00 00 FF 07 00 00 00 is tamper cover closed

...Etc

Please post the entire "Data" section from bottom of device page.

Switch to this driver: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

The parameter scan probably will not work, but when events come in the debug logs it puts out will be much more helpful. Turn on Debug Indefinitely, trigger as much of the events as you can and capture debug logs. Post screenshots.

I actually found a bunch of documentation, and a driver that someone else had already made. Worked out a few bugs and improved some features; pretty happy with the results right now. Here it is:

iOS doesn't seem to support "freeze" alerts, so I'm currently sending a "water" and a "temperature" event when freeze is sensed. This way, iOS both receives a flood alert, and it shows the freeze on the temperature sensor in HomeKit.

1 Like