Ecolink Firefighter Zigbee vs Z-Wave Plus versions

Bummer, thanks guys. Much as I'd like to test this, don't really want to drop $50 on a potential brick. (obviously I've run out of stuff to connect to my HA system!)

1 Like

Do your smoke detectors sound like this? Post earlier in this thread by @jtp10181 includes a link to the UL-standardized alert tone pattern.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. The tone sounds similar. I'll have to trigger mine later (not pleasant) to see if its a 3 beep repeat with the same beep frequency.

2 Likes

Automatically reports Battery and Temp on mine as well (the Smoke and CO clear was due my monthly Smoke/CO detector testing):

I get a report based on Device Monitor checking for last Activity so that if it does not report within a certain time interval, a Push Notification is sent and Echo Speaks announces that the Firefighter has lost its connection or if battery level is below a certain % (not sure how accurate the battery level is though since I have not tested the failure level in RL).

14 hours later, still no report :frowning_face:

Odd. Mine is reporting every 12 hours if not a little more often if you include temp.

My data section looks identical to yours except the zwNNUR number, and mine matches @rlithgow1 . I have no idea what that indicates, if anything.

68e8721422be

1 Like

My data section is different also - from yours and @ymerj’s. FWIW, here’s what it looks like:

1 Like

They all look identical except for the zwNNUR which, for me was 13 yesterday and become 2 after the manual wakeup.

I'll try exclude and reinclude to see if change something

1 Like

I'd do a full factory reset too for giggles..

1 Like

Hmm I don't have the msr or manufacturer data. Also what is zwnnur anyway?

ZWave Node Neighbor Update Request. AFAIK, in a stable network that should not change too much.

1 Like

I did an exclusion then a factory reset as @rlithgow1 suggested and included it again, all following ecolink instructions. It still does not report unless I open the case or do a smoke detector test.

So I don't know what I am doing wrong

It may be the device itself. It could just be faulty. Any way you could get an exchange on it?

2 Likes

I had it for 2 years... I thought that behavior was normal. I guess I will have to live with it. It detect smoke signal properly.

2 Likes