Echo Skill Error Every Morning

Every morning when I get up I have a phrase that I tell Alexa to start my morning stuff. All that she/he does is turn on a virtual switch and the HE takes over. It works fine but I always see the following error in the logs. This is the only time it seems to happen. And it has been happening every morning now for some time.

app:32022-09-13 05:53:12.806 am errorError making Call to Alexa message gateway: {"header":{"namespace":"System","name":"Exception","messageId":"a302c891-f08c-433c-9324-0621cb82bc18"},"payload":{"code":"INVALID_REQUEST_EXCEPTION","description":"com.amazon.iota.container.exception.NoCorrelationSessionFound: No active session found for correlation token : 

Network interruption or cloud outage on Amazon side. There are many topics that cover this error:

https://community.hubitat.com/search?q=%22Error%20making%20Call%20to%20Alexa%22%20order:latest

1 Like

This showed up in my logs. Never seen it before.

502 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The origin closed the connection.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

Hard to tell, can you post a screenshot or the app/driver that generated it?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Troubleshoot_Apps_or_Devices#App_Troubleshooting

Kinda hard to tell. The only other errors I'm getting are the Alexa message Gateway errors, which seem to be showing up quite regularly anymore. There is one just after this error. Just was surprised to see this much 'info'.

I think what Bobby is getting at is, if you click either the App Id on the far left of the log entry, what app is highlighted at the top of the logs page, or, if you click on the error text in the log entry, what app is opened up in a new tab in your browser.

(A Device is shown in this example, so you will need to use your imagination)

2 Likes

There is no app id on this. Just stands by itself. I am thinking it must be associated with the Alexa error, as that is the only other thing close to it.

If you show the error, wouldn't be hard to tell where is coming from, for example:

That would easily tell you if it's an app, dev or hub

1 Like

I guess it must be associated with the Alexa error as this particular one is showing up different. It's no biggy, just surprised at the verbage. Here is the screen shot.

The inclusion of HTML rendering in the logs makes this one a little different.... :wink:

But from what Bobby and I were suggesting, App 3 is your offender I expect. If you click on app 3 blue text on the left or the error highlighted in red, you should see what the app is, either by what is highlighted at the top of the logs screen or the app that opens, respectively.

The app 3 is the Alexa Skill app. I guess I thought that was clear from the error listed, sorry about that.

No need to apologise, it would be the educated guess I expect many would make, at least those who use it.... But many of us who have involvement in IT in general tend to be sticklers for details.... :slight_smile:

This is where I bail out.... I'm a Google house.... The best I can offer is that a 502 sounds like some kind of response HE in general was not expecting... A cause for this... I am not sure...

Again, it's no big deal, just wondering about it. Everything still works so not going to worry.

1 Like