Echo and Echo Speaks App Errors

OK, let's start fresh. I am still getting the above warning. What would you guys do, from the start, to address this warning?

408 is a server busy which should eventually clear itself. If it doesn't you can go into the app, click Clear Login information and then click the button to login into Amazon. That should allow it to grab the cookie and refresh the app.

I am still getting continual errors. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Your cookie server is offline or not reachable.

Also, there is an update for the app that just got posted today I think, update through HPM.

1 Like

The app update changed nothing as it pertains to the errors I am seeing:

How or where do I address:

You setup a cookie server for it at some point, where did you set it up? On Heroku? Read the documentation.

Here is my guide for setting up the server: [GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (or without)

2 Likes

Tried that. I get this...

Then I click on the GOTO LOGIN PAGE and get...

@Pantheon check this post for Heroku fixes

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I think I am going to disregard any further on this. I do not have any sort of "always on" computer, just my laptop. After looking over what little I use Echo Speaks for, I think I will just delete it. It is not worth setting up some sort of server for, and it is definitely worth paying Heroku a monthly fee. Thanks again for your time and everyone else's time that responded to my message

I deleted Echo Speaks and went back through the install process again. I get to the Echo Speaks Service screen and click GOTO LOGIN PAGE. I log in and get the Amazon code that is sent to my phone. I enter that code and get

Did you follow my guide for Heroku if you are using that?

I saw someone else reported issues with other cookies conflicting and they got it to work by doing the login part in an incognito browser tab.

No matter what I try, I cannot get past the Amazon login page. Is that a different Amazon account than my "shopping" account? Is it an Amazon Alexa account?

try turning off 2 step verification on your amazon account till you get it working

2FA not in use. If I click on CONTINUE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE I get...

Cannot GET /gp/help/customer/account-issues/ref=ch_account_recovery_contact_cs

No dice. Very frustrating.

The code sent to your phone is 2FA, so you do have it on.

2 Likes

I keep getting the login code sent to my phone. I logged into my account again. 2 step verification is not on.

Maybe try enabling it then? I have it enabled on my account and I was able to get it to work.
The login library on the ES server is outdated so some things may not work correctly unfortunately.
Amazon might be forcing the OTP code due to a strange login attempt or something, not sure.

I would highly recommend having that enabled on Amazon anyway, prevents unauthorized purchases.

1 Like

I deleted my phone number from my amazon account. When I tried to log into my Amazon account per your instructions (click the link on my Heroku account), it sent the verification code to my email, which I entered and still getting...

Cannot POST /ap/cvf/approval/verifyOtp

I am not finding the Server Host Override settings box