[EARLY RELEASE] Zooz Zen31 LED Controller

I just checked the parent driver and I don’t see an option to enable/disable the child device so I assume they were automatically generated when I included it.

Are you using the built in Zooz rgbw dimmer driver?

Today I will be excluding this device from my C5 and pairing it with my C7 so I will be going through the process again. I will comment later today.

Yup, as soon as I joined the device is popped in with parent and child devices.

Ok, I got that too with the built-in driver (Zooz RGBW Dimmer). I was having a lot of trouble with the devices and my hub, so I just switch to the one listed at the top of this thread - Zooz ZEN31 LED Controller. This one is just a single device, no separate child’s for RGB and white. So far, it’s been working well for me. The one big difference seems that you can’t have both the RGB and white on at the same time which isn’t an issue for me.

1 Like

This doesn't appear to work with the Google Home app? Any idea why?

Anyone else currently having issues with this driver? I had the default Zooz RGBW Dimmer driver working, but the functionality of the dashboard tile is almost nonexistent. I excluded the Zen31, installed the driver, and included the device again but it's not responsive anymore. I've power cycled the zen31 and still no change. I've just recently updated to version 2.2.4.156.

Hello, welcome to Hubitat.

So I want to be sure we have this correct.

• You installed this, and let it pick the driver.

• And it worked (sorta?). But you were having issues with dashboard (what exactly?).

• But it worked from the device settings page at this point?

• You reinstalled with a different driver? Which one?

• Then it didn't work at all, even from the device setting page?

Are you on a C7? Did this pair securely, did you use smartstart (QR code) or what?

Is this the first Zwave device you have included, or have you successfully included others?

Can you post a screenshot of your Zwave settings page?

1 Like

I was eventually able to get this working, but let me answer your questions in case anyone else is having any similar issues:

• You installed this, and let it pick the driver. Yes
  • And it worked (sorta?). But you were having issues with dashboard (what exactly?). Correct. I didn't have any control of the color settings from the dashboard. Only on and off and dimming
  • But it worked from the device settings page at this point? I was able to control through the child devices from the default driver on the device page at this point
  • You reinstalled with a different driver? Which one? I reinstalled with the driver listed at the top of this post
  • Then it didn't work at all, even from the device setting page?Correct. Was completely unresponsive from the devices page.

Are you on a C7? Did this pair securely, did you use smartstart (QR code) or what? Yes, C7. Originally paired securely (by default), did not use the QR code

Is this the first Zwave device you have included, or have you successfully included others? Was not my first Zwave device, have successfulyl included a 2 others

What ended up working for me was eventually re-adding the Zen31 unsecured (through the advice of someone else in another thread) and clicking on the Zen31 from the z wave settings page. I hadn't yet discovered that page, so thank you @neonturbo for pointing me in that direction. I think having including and exluding it so many times left a dead version of it sitting on my devices page, which I still can't exlude/remove. I was trying to control and change firmware on that "dead" version of the device on the devices page, but once I accessed the device through the z wave setting page and changed the firmware to the one listed above everything started working great.

A long winded response for sure, but maybe there's a helpful tidbit in there for anyone else having any issues. I think the important part was adding it unsecured, as the default had it added securely.

1 Like

The ghost node that you have created won’t pop up with a REMOVE button since the device is still present when it tries to ping the device even thought you have it included under another DNI.

If you unpower the zen31 and hit the repair on the ghost DNI a few times over say 30 minutes or so, it should eventually pop up with a REMOVE button. Then you can power it back up and use it under your good DNI.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Hi becopeland,
I've been using the Zooz RGBW controller with a color tunable LED strip. It consists of warm white (2700K) and cool white (6500K) LEDs. I have used the Red channel to control the Warm LEDs and the Blue channel to control the Cool LEDs. This works OK but I have to use a virtual switch with a rule to set the color. I wonder if this sort of mode could be included in this driver to allow a more straightforward control of color temperature.
Thanks for your attention.

Is there any way to configure this driver to work with RGB + Cool white strips? I see an option to set the Warm White Kelvin, but that just seems to be the lower threshold at which it starts blending the RGB.

@bcopeland Any idea on this issue:I have 3 Zen31s using this driver in a group. I can't change the bulb from color to CT using a color bulb on a dashboard? I am able to do that with their individual tiles on a dashboard, but they don't respond to color temperature changes via a group. This error shows up in the logs

From what I understand, the controller will control whatever you connect to the "W" channel. When it is a warm white device the driver/unit knows to mix the "warm white" with whatever white can be created with the RGB channels.
So you can connect anything you want to the "W" channel, bright white or any color you chose.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.