[RELEASE] Sinope Device Drivers with advanced functionality

Can you try the following driver?

You will need to use the following button with to set a new offset value for the energy meter. You could put 0 if you have no idea what to put.

Thank you @samuel.c.auclair
So I replaced the code and that shows up. I put 0 in and it didn't do anything. I tried a refresh, configure, saving the drive again and trying 0 again. But still has the same old values:
See:

I also tried it with the value 1 just in case.
Any thought?

Ok, this is odd that the energy value is still at a very high value. The energyValue that you see in your state variable is the energy value return by the device without performing any calculations. The offset that I've put in the driver is only to ensure that value is always increasing as it should.

So for me what is odd is the very large value return by the outlet. On this side, I can't do anything. However, you can still look at your daily, weekly and monthly values for your energy consumption/ cost.

Eventually the yearly cost will make sense as well once the first of January pass.

1 Like

You could maybe put a negative offset value like -38580000, this will make Energy value more in the expected range.

1 Like

Thank you. I don't mind waiting, and if it doesn't clear I'll let you know and try that work-around with the offset.

Thank you once again!

Bonjour @samuel.c.auclair!

I have several Sinope plugs SP2600ZB and it looks like some of them are now reporting a cumulating value for daily energy. Everything was good until January 7th (reported values looke good). However, from this date, the daily energy is still increasing and does not match with values reported by Energy Cost Calculator.

Each day, I put the dailyEnergy value into a virtual device (temperature device, °F shall be read kWh) and history looks like this for one plug :

Do you have this issue?

I also have several Sinope thermostat and I don't have this issue: dailyEnergy is reset to 0 each day,

Bonjour,
Normally if you go on your device page at the bottom, you should see something like this:

The important one for you is the "resettDailyEnerrgy", if not set, click configure.

If already configure, I can't say why it is not working, maybe your hub is rebooting from other rule at midnight. However, there is a work around. If you have updated your driver, you should be able to reset the daily energy value via a RM using the command "resetDailyEnergy" at the time you want.

Samuel
Thanks for the work on the Sinope driver. Working great on my four units in Dorset, ON. CA

1 Like

Newbie starting this week to Hubitat with C8, and it has been a great jouney! Hit a dead end today in tring to pair up 4 Sinope Low Voltage Zigbee TH 1400 ZB thermostats. So far I have been using the Hubitat provided Sinope driver. Do these advanced function device drivers address any pairing related issues with the Sinope thermostats? Thanks

Welcome to the great hubitat community. No this driver will not address any pairing issue.

Can you describe a bit more the problem you are facing?

When I initiate pairing and it starts the 60 sec count down, when the two buttons are held down for 10 sec on the thermostat the "CONF" shows and the WiFi icon flashes but after about 1.5 minutes the WiFi Icon disappears on the thermostat, and in the Hubitat add device app the "looks like you are having trouble...." message appears. I have tried doing a factory recet, tried rotating through the different thermostats, tried to bring the thermostats within a few feet of the Hub, tried factory reset and dropping power to and restarting the thermostats, all with no luck in pairing. So that is what brought me here. Wow thanks for the rapid response!

I believe you're supposed to only momentarily (but simultaneously) press the up and down buttons to pair.

I think holding them down for 10+ seconds does a factory reset. [EDIT : actually a 10-second hold unpairs the thermostat - sorry]

1 Like

Have you previously paired any others zigbee devices or are they the first one you are trying to pair?

I have paired 5 other Zigbee devices. I tried taking the batteries out of those other devices (motion detectors, button controller) to see if it made any difference to no avail. Just tried another factory reset and then the method of momentary pressing, and still same result; It indicates "Found Zigbee device, Initializing, please wait, and then no pairing occurs.

I'm short in solution. Not being able to pair anything could have been a indication that thejr is something not working with your hub, but you are able to pair battery powered device. Maybe @mike.maxwell can help you with this, since it is an officially supported device.

When you press and hold both buttons and the radio icon starts flashing, release the buttons THEN start the pairing sequence on Hubitat. If they were previously paired to something, you may need to factory reset them.

The Sinope Thermostats started to pair this morning! Appears that it is related to a Zigbee mesh issue? Please excuse my newbie ignorance on how all this works. I have been pairing, applying rules / logic and preparing all the smart Zigbee devices (motion, humidity, button controllers, thermostats) to control HRV fan and hydronic heating systems for a lake cabin in remote area with no internet service in Northern Idaho. Presently preparing all these devices in a location where there is internet service, having all the smart devices spread out on tables near the C8 hub. Possibly, when I rearranged some of the devices on the tables that made the difference in being able to pair the Thermostats? Hoping that this issue does cause a problem when I move everything to their final positions the cabin? Thanks for the tips, I was shocked by the quality rapid responses!

It shouldn't cause a problem but maybe throw some additional repeaters into the mix to strengthen your mesh. My favorite set up with mine (I use it for floor heating in the master bathroom) is when motion is activated in the bathroom, then the display turns on and I have both the floor temp as well as the temp reading from one of my outdoor temp sensors. So at a glance I can see what outdoor temp is while brushing my teeth.

Salut, Samuel,

I have been using this driver (TH1123ZB) since it was made available. It has been working great for my use case. I just want to thank you for the great work.

But, I have just noticed a couple of errors, in the log, and i believe one of them is because i do not use the thermostat regularly (it is a backup in case there is an issue with my primary heating system which is based on natural gas. Here is the error i'm getting:

2023-05-18 11:00:00.228errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+null on line 425 (method energySecCalculation)

Is this error based on the fact that the power remains at zero for most of the year? Or is it somethings else.

Second error is logged when i hit the configure button within the device.

2023-05-18 11:18:24.800errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object on line 795 (method setBacklightMode)?

Is this an expected behaviour ?

Thanks

Jean-Francois

Are you on the latest version ? (I am on 1.6.0, from HPM). EDIT: was looking at wrong hub, actually on 1.7.1

Tagging @samuel.c.auclair