[DRIVER] Zooz ZEN37 Wall Remote

Yes after much pestering it was finally fixed for the 2.3.9 release.

3 Likes

@TArman or anyone else, can you test this version to see if the batteryStatus works correctly? It should tell you if the battery is charging, charged, or discharging.

Testing new batteryStatus attrbiute · GitHub

Got charging and discharging. Waiting on “charged”.

1 Like

Nice thanks, it should work based on the info you gave me before.

I am also wrapping up adding associations support to it and then I will have an updated version. The associations is pretty flexible if you want to use it as a dimmer at all. On/off can be done easily with rules but IMO dimming always seems to work better with associations.

Found out that associations don't work when its paired as LR though (duh). Took me a few minutes to figure out why the device refused to save the settings.

[dev:837] 2024-06-13 07:48:55.170 AM[info] Great Hall ZEN: battery is charged

1 Like

FYI: Using LIR2032H batteries.

UPDATE

I added an infographic to the main post showing the button mappings.
Battery status will show if battery is charging, charged, or discharging.
Full Associations support for on/off and dimming (see Zooz docs)

Version [1.0.0] - 2024-06-15

• Added support for battery status events
  • Added wake up interval setting
  • Added support for associations
  • Added singleThreaded flag
  • Fixed install sequence so it will fully configure at initial pairing
  • Updated library and common code
1 Like

Hey @agnes.zooz I just picked up 2 Zen37s and went to check and see if there had been any firmware updates. The Zen37 needs to be added to Zooz OTA Firmware Files - Zooz Support Center. I found the changelog page for it separately, ZEN37 Wall Remote Change Log - Zooz Support Center.

Devices usually only get added to that page when there is an actual update.
They also have started announcing updates on the Zooz Community here:
Device Firmware Releases - zoozcommunity

2 Likes

So far, there aren't any new firmware updates available so there are no files posted. Are you have any issues with your devices or have any feature requests that would require an update?

@jtp10181 Can you help me with my zen37, it has been fine with no trouble until about yesterday I think. All buttons still control my devices. First noticed things missing out off my driver. Have tried changing type to device and clearing states. Have also tried waking up the switch, when I tap 6 times the blue light comes on for a second but I dont think the driver sees that.

That line number is not aligning correctly with my current posted code. Can you please make sure you have the current version installed. If you are using HPM you can run a repair to be sure it is synced up with the online code.

Thanks Jeff, that fixed it. Wonder why it happened, something I did? I dont mess with code because I dont know anything about it.

1 Like

@jtp10181 :
A few questions about this driver and the device.

I seem to have paired it correctly, and I'm using the driver from the GitHub.

I've apparently "synched" it up, and it shows the correct number of buttons, etc.
It came up with 100% battery, but it appears that the device page doesn't reflect what button was pushed, unless I have the charging cable inserted.
In other words, if the charging cable isn't inserted, I can press button 2, but it doesn't show up in the device page, and the it doesn't show a color on the device. If I insert the charging cable, it does show up as a button press, and it does show up on the device itself with a purple color.
Yet, from the device page, it shows 100% battery:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but did you remove the protective plastic piece from the battery to allow the device to work without the cable or charge in the first place? (I know the battery says 100%, but if power is missing, it won't be able to send a report stating any different.)

I may or may not be speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Whoops...
I feel somewhat embarrassed...
Thank you @bertabcd1234 !

2 Likes

can relate :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah it reports 100% when its plugged in with no battery attached.

No, I just like to check and see if a device has any updates before deploying it.

@jtp10181 could you make it so that the status attribute for devices/rooms has battery level to select please?

That's not controlled by the driver, that's a platform option. Should just need to have a value populated in battery. Seems to work on mine?