[DRIVER] Zooz Relays Advanced (ZEN16, ZEN17, ZEN51, ZEN52)

I would open a case with Zooz, they will possibly get it fixed.
I will try it out when I get a chance as well, and I can email them directly.

Just sent em an email - I'll update when I hear back!

I know they've got a round of new firmwares coming this fall, so the timing is good to touch base with them...

I've ID'd one Z17 bug and a feature request for the Titan and Zooz confirmed both would be coming soon this fall.

They confirmed and the association bug will be fixed in the next firmware update, estimated October.

1 Like

UPDATE

Added driver for ZEN16, specifically for the new v2 which has sensor input options like the ZEN17. Considering this an ALPHA version since its hard to test all features. I think everything is working correctly that I can control with the driver. This will detect existing child devices, and can create new ones as needed for sensors.

Let me know if you find any issues!

ZEN17 FULL driver is going to follow, now that I have this all coded I can use it as a base.

4 Likes

UPDATE for ZEN16 BETA

Moving to Beta status. Seems to be working good. I am running it on a v1 with my garage door. Some minor updates but Zooz engineers found an issue with the input settings where the wrong options were being displayed. I found (and fixed) it would only happen if you have both a v1 and v2 on same hub.

Version [0.2.0] BETA - 2023-11-09

• Fixed issue with settings if both v1 and v2 in use on same hub
  • Added subModel state
2 Likes

To any fellow Z16v2 users -- a couple current firmware (2.0) bugs to be aware of, but I admittedly wouldn't consider either case to be very common...

1. If you have a relay decoupled from its switch/sensor, you can't set an auto-off on that relay via parameters.

2. DC Motor Mode (Parameter 24) cannot be set to enabled.

Zooz confirmed both bugs and plans to have them fixed in the next firmware (which they hope to have out before EOY). Both bugs are very easy to work around with simple rules.

Otherwise, my Z16v2 is working like a champ -- I'm using all 6 Rs & Ss (all decoupled doing different things) and it's humming right along.

Jeff's driver here makes the setup & management a breeze!

1 Like

Any progress on extending the full driver to ZEN17? I have a desire to change the 'Input Trigger' setting via a rule. The system driver does not have any custom actions available to do it. Not sure if that would be possible from your driver. TIA

@jtp10181 Bump. Checking to see on ZEN17 progress. I'd appreciate having custom commands to programmatically change the input trigger setting on the parent device. Thanks again.

I will see if I can work on this weekend and let you know.

@bill.d I sent you a PM with a link for a preliminary test version.

If anyone else is itching to try it: Link Removed - Use Final Version

3 Likes

UPDATE

Major update is adding a full driver for the ZEN17. If you already had the companion driver installed the new driver will replace that when you update. IF you manually installed the ZEN17 Alpha test version, you may end up with duplicated code after updating, if that happens just switch any devices to the generic "Device" driver, delete the older code, then switch the device(s) back to the updated driver.

Version [1.2.0] (All Drivers) - 2024-01-31

• Added full ZEN17 driver to replace Companion driver
  • Updated library code (logging fixes)
  • Added/Updated setParamater function to request value back
  • Added proper endpoint detection (ZEN52)

Now onto the next package that needs updates!

5 Likes

Awesome - thanks, Jeff!

1 Like

Inadvertently deleted my first post...

New install of ZEN52. I'm stuck with 19 pending changes, even using Configure and Save Preferences. I have no control of the child devices. Dashboard shows question marks on tiles set to Switch. The system driver for the ZEN52 doesn't even create child devices.

Never mind. Just discovered I lost physical control after stuffing everything in J-box. I'll be back with an update.

Yup that will cause 19 pending changes alright.
Due to some of the changes I specifically made on the ZEN52 driver, I tested it pretty good. I actually deleted the child devices on my test setup multiple times and have the driver re-create them. Also tested to make sure it would still detect and assign childs created from the system driver. So I am pretty confident it works (once the device is responding to commands).

1 Like

Well, interesting. I had to reset the breaker to be able to exclude the ZEN52. Nothing was touching the button inside the J-box so I'm not sure what happened. After reincluding, the advance driver was auto selected. Everything works from a very basic standpoint.

800LR Zen17 now available -- Zooz has said 800LR version of Z16 is coming too, but no availability timeline yet.

2 Likes