[DRIVER][RELEASE] Radio Thermostat Zwave driver

Radio Thermostat Zwave driver
This adds support for all options on CT101 and CT30 thermostats. Should work with all RT models. It ads polling of the current status (some ct101s dont report some do)

Supports using the thermostat for HEAT or COOL only. Im using a CT30 for wood heat and this
controls what the dashboard shows.

Cwire, Swing, Diff, Recovery, Clock, Mains

Tested on CT101 and CT30 If you have another model I would like to know how it works.
USNAP Module RTZW-01 module tested.

This fixes the bugs with Radio Thermostat using internal drivers. And adds logs with debugging support so you can tell what your thermostat is doing.

Info logs split into info and info2.

Update fixes problem in the log with DIFF report being incorrect.
Setpoints now wait for thermostat to report back before updating this was a bug.
Temp update is now forced after a setpoint change to better update dashboard

Now in Hubitat Package Manager

4 Likes

I have been having a problem with my Radio Thermostat CT-100 Plus at my daughter's house. For some reason, when it receives a temperature setting command from Hubitat as a result of a Thermostat Scheduler schedule setting, it makes an audible beep even though the musical note on the menu page has a slash through the note. I had my daughter stand by the thermostat when one of these commands was sent and she heard the beep and saw what looks like an error message on the thermostat screen as seen below:

CT-100 Plus Error

My sense is that there must be a problem with the command it is being sent and it generates a beep as a result of the error (which apparently overrides the slash through the musical note).

I started with the CT-101 driver that came with Hubitat and, upon discovering this error condition, decided to try your driver. Same result! I have a copy of the CT-100 Plus manual, but it doesn't make any mention of error messages. The company seems to have pretty much shut down as I see no indication of any available product other than an old CT-30 on their web page, so no help from them.

Got any suggestions as to what I might do to track this issue down? It is driving my daughter crazy.

Do you by chance have a firmware update for CT101? I find the range awful on mine, thinking it might be a bug since there is 2 repeaters right by it. Also do you know if the radio turns into a repeater or it is stronger if the C wire ie used? Also is there a way to change your driver to C instead of F, just switched over to this from the CT101 that comes with Habitat.

Also just noticed another error showing up in live logs.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+1 on line 462 (method parse)

I just added Zwave Pluse USNAP module to my CT50 (3M50). I can set heat/cool modes, operate fan, read room temperature but the setpoints don't work right. Hubitat always reports 87F set point, regardless of what I have set on the thermostat. Setting any setpoint number from Hubitat sets the thermostat tp 65F. I thought it may want them in HEX, but that didn't work either. Seems like something is off with the scale.

EDIT: If I set temperature from thermostat's screen, it get reported correctly to Hubitat. Setting it from hubitat results in 87 report (65 on thermostat)

Can you turn on trace and post what it reports in the log?

I have 2 USNAP modules and both are working. It must be something in the thermostat, Can you turn on trace logging and post what it reports back to the hub?

Have you double checked setup to make sure its set properly for heat or heatpump elect or gas and then reset it with the reset button.
I thought the 100 was basically the same as the 101 but I have 3 101s and Ive I did not know they would beep on error. Im wondering if it needs to be totally reset removed from the hub and repaired.

it is indeed the thermostat. I got a CT32 and that one works fine with the same USNAP module. I might be going different router and those elephants will likely go to the garage (which means will get to play with it again next winter)

Issue resolved using the reset, exclude and then include technique you suggested. Something strange with the CT-100+ that even the folks at Radio Thermostat couldn’t quite pinpoint. All is well now, and my daughter no longer whines about the beep in the early AM when the heat comes on. Thanks for your input.

I was reading these manuals. And on a used thermostat its possible that anti theft flag could be set which would block the thermostat from accepting commands. Something to look for if it wont take commands. However taking the command but beeping doesn't make sense. It should just ignore a command it doesn't support. The ct100 should support all the commands the ct101 does. I have added extra trace logging in the latest version to track what's sent and what's received. Does it beep on poll and config or just on setpoint.
The new version is different it request the current temp after sending the setpoint in an attempt to better update the dashboard which continues to annoy me on how slow it is.

I wonder if its because the setpoint is sent 2 times? The ct30 thermostats need that. But the ct101 doesn't care if it gets it 2 times.

Hello,

Following up on my question.

Thanks!

Hello... Great driver! Thank you...

Any idea what this error means and how I can correct it? I have two CT50 thermostats with the USNAP modules... I'm only seeing it on the upstairs one.

Thermostat Upstairs : *E15 ERROR Hub scale:F != thermostat Scale:1 MUST FIX NOW!

The error is telling you you have the HUB set to F in settings and your thermostat is set to C.
You need to go to hub settings and change it to C. The 2 are conflicting and will cause dashboard conflicts.

Ok, got it... Thank you... Someone must have changed something at the device cause the other one doesn't have that issue and I do everything in F.

Something doesn't seem right...

Logs for my CT100 are showing the same errors as @SuperDupe mentioned:

Thermostat : E15 ERROR Hub is set to scale:F and thermostat is set to Scale:1 Both Must match
Thermostat : E14 ERROR Hub is set to scale:F and thermostat is set to Scale:1 Both Must match

Here's a snap of the driver's current State Variables:

Although I see that it shows the scale used as "1" - (whatever that means - maybe Fahrenheit?) which matches the error shown above, my Thermostat shows that it is using the Fahrenheit scale:

To be clear, my CT100 is running fine and setpoint changes (via webCoRE) are working well too. However, the logs keep saying there's an error but it doesn't appear that an error exists with the thermostat?

Like @lflorack1 mentioned, I checked my thermostats and both are showing they are in Fahrenheit. The hub is also set to F and I really don't want to change to C.

@iris
Thank you very much for this driver. It does seem to work a lot more consistently than the generic one I was using. The one issue I have is the sheer volume of event entries. I have it set to poll every 10 minutes and there are about 14 log entries every time. This means it's logging about 100 events every hour! This is a lot to wade through if I'm trying to diagnose a routine trigger from several hours ago.
Ideally it would only log things that have changed from the last time it was logged, but I can understand that might be difficult. Is it possible to change what specifically gets logged? There are 5 or 6 attributes that I don't care to log.

I did add a second log level just because of that so you can turn off the extra logging.
I will take a look into moving more items into LOG2 .