Drayton Wiser Heating - port from ST?

Hi The only thing still running on my ST V2 is Drayton Wiser App and DTH to control my "smart" heating. Being able to port this over to HE would enable me to "break the bondage of ST" completely.

I'm not a coder etc and wondered if someone could look at the app/handler on GitHub and advise me if it could be ported fairly simply with some minor tweaks / normal changes as are commonly applied to ST ports.

Would really appreciate any advice.

the GitHub link is here Drayton Wiser and the license I think would allow me to port without issue.

Many thanks and appreciation for anybody's time, effort and assistance.

Greg

Only thing missing for me as well, I'd love to get my Wiser system ported into HE.

1 Like

Im interested too and have reached out to Drayton by Schneider. Their responses have been positive and on friday I passed on mikes details at their request.

I currently have one connected to HE as a test and i have got it to work using a built in driver to some extent, but it looks like it can do quite a bit so needs a dedicated driver.

Did you get any further with this. Do you know if one ever went to @mike.maxwell ?

Thanks S

Hi Simon,

Not to my knowledge.

Don’t know if BorristheCat heard any more, I have mine still attached to ST

Best

Greg

Nothing since my last post. Mine is sitting on a shelf currently. I think it might need a update but waiting for there hub to come from in price again to test.

I would love this to happen, trying to migrate over from HA

The only way something like this will happen is if others contact Drayton and ask for it. From the discussion I had when I did I don't think anyone else had asked for it yet, it was something they had thought about but no work had been done.

I'm using the wiser integration in HA and there is a api library that he has wtitten.

Hi,

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my first hubitat, attempting to make the jump from smartthings after a few years.

I've wrote a decent webcore Piston which suits my needs, and uses a dth to directly communicate with the Trvs as I don't have the hub itself.

Could anyone tell me if there's an equivalent on this platform? All I need to do is be able to set the setpoints through webcore here and be able to see whether the trv is opened or closed.

Thanks!

If you're asking does it join? Then yes it does, it's a ZigBee 3.0 device. I joined one but it was very chatty and constantly moved so the port I did of the device driver I think needs work, but it did what your asking. I think my device needs to be connected to their hub though so I can get a firmware update but I'm waiting for the price to drop before I try that.

Hi, total newbie here, and I'm not a coder by any stretch.

Have a few years experience customising my current smartthings hub, so familiar with adding devices and using groovy community-written 'Device Type Handlers' on that system. Also familiar with using webcore to sort out some basic pistons.

Forgive the questions, this is a bit of a leap, and I'm still waiting for the HE hub to land on my doorstep.

Are you telling me that when I allow the Drayton TRV to pair with the HE hub, it will function with the built in driver alone? And by function, I just mean will it then be possible to use webcore to alter and view the setpoint, so if say, I set the setpoint to 50 degrees, this will cause the trv valve to open?

Or do I need to let it join, and then change the 'dth' to yours, and then I can do that?

Incidentally, there were issues with the firmware on the wiser trvs. They admitted to me that they changed the functionality at some point. This resulted in, essentially, the older ones (like mine) worked fine with the custom dth from smartthings. The never firmware models did not.

The reason was that although the setpoints could be altered from webcore etc for both the old and new firmwares, on the newer ones only they waited for additional communication from the actual wiser hub before allowing the valves to open or close.

The older ones worked differently in that if the setpoint was higher than the detected temp on the individual device (by about 1.5 degrees, I think), then thre valve would open. Didn't need to 'speak' to the wiser hub.

All in all the older ones are currently working just fine on my system. If I bought a new trv following failure of one of mine, the replacement would not work due to whatever it was in the new firmware which made it 'wait for permission' from the dedicated wiser hub.

I'm kind of hoping that the reply j get back from yourself is going to be along the lines of 'sure. Use this link to download my driver, add your trv to your HE hub when it arrives, and you should be able to happily see and set the heating setpoints from webcore and also see the operating state too".

Not sure it's going to be so straight forward. = p

This is the smartthings dth I'm using right now:

No there is no built in driver. The driver from ST would need to be ported (usually a quick case of find and replace ).

Once the driver is in place yes.[quote="djh_wolf, post:12, topic:25142"]
Or do I need to let it join, and then change the 'dth' to yours, and then I can do that?
[/quote]

No create the driver 1st then join in, but not sure if mine is the same as yours or if it fully works. It would be best to copy you currently working code from ST DH then import it to HE driver and make the changes.

Ok maybe this is why I had some issues then, I don't know what firmware yours is on or mine. It might be a idea to compare?

I'll take a look, I'm not a coder so all I tried was taking the code and making the necessary changes, it worked but not perfectly (maybe due to the firmware you mentioned). It's certainly worth a go.

which one? 0.5?

Yes. Sorry, at work right now so replies are limited.

no worries i took the 0.5 version and made the changes that made sense, link below.

you can import it with

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/borristhecat/HUBITAT/master/Wiser%20Zigbee%20iTRV%20-%20Update%20v0.5

Wow, awesome!

Hub is supposed to be here on Tuesday from vesternet. So I can hopefully have a crack then.

Incidentally, small world I knew I recognised your name... Turns out I've been using your fibaro dth for the past few years =)

When did you order it? Mine says status "unfulfilled" but paid. :rage: Brought it morning of 21st.

Which one?

Ditto. Paid for next day delivery (no mention of Mon to Fri on the website, unless I missed it) z so sent an email to query. Bought on the 24th.

I suspect the email reply is a lie. Says I ordered on Friday at 9pm, so it will be dispatched on Monday to be with me on Tuesday.

I'm mistaken on the dth - apparently at some point I installed yours when experimenting. Later moved to cjcharles.

No that's correct it's just not mine, I just did some work on it and helped test it so I got a mention in the code. I ported that to HE with cjcharles permission and had to do quit a bit to it to get it working on HE, but it would break in releases. So I sent a spare to HE and that device is now got a official driver here :+1: :grinning: .