Door Lock Status

Need help fixing door status, currently when I lock my lock or unlock it the status doesn't change

What type of lock?

What kind of lock do you have (manufacturer, model, and protocol), and what driver are you using for it ("Type:" on the device page in Hubitat)? Some people have problems with some "classic" Z-Wave locks, notably the Schlage Connect BE468/469 Z-Wave models, so I might assume that's what you have, too. In that case, the only thing you have control over is to make sure your mesh is as strong as possible, preferably including beaming-capable repeaters in range of both the lock and hub. Lock firmware version seems to be another factor, but there's unfortunately nothing you can do about that.

I am using the Yale Conexis Lock

Do you have the z-wave or zigbee version?

Z wave version

Your most likley going to need a beaming repeater. The Aeotec repeater seems to be the one that most peaple report positive results with.

How does that remedy my issue? Will it tell me on the tile whether my door is locked or unlocked on status?

This explains beaming better that I can.
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Beaming

Can you control the lock from the device page? Meaning, does it lock/unlock when you click those buttons? If it does, then for whatever reason (possibly a weak z-wave mesh or a misconfigured driver), the Hubitat isn't receiving lock status updates.

If the lock doesn't respond to commands from Hubitat then it is very likely that your z-wave mesh is weak and needs to be strengthened.

Hubitat has a document on building a strong z-wave mesh:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

yes I can, the lock isn't all that far from the hub, maybe around 15 steps away.

When you paired the lock, did it pair as a "device" or was it recognized as a Connexis lock?

If it paired as a device, and you changed drivers later to the Connexis driver, then hit "Configure" on the device page a few times. That may resolve the issue.

I reported this issue when I switched over to the C7 about 5 weeks ago.

I have an Aeotech Range Extender 6 about 2 foot away from each of my locks (I have two). Beaming is not helping at all.

The Z-Wave Yale Conexis L1 simply does not report status on a C7 - it worked fine on my C4.

@mike.maxwell developed the HE driver using a loaner I gave him. I asked a few weeks ago if he was willing to provide me with the source code of the driver and I'd assist in sorting this out - I didn't get a response.

1 Like

What do you refer to when you say C7 and C4

Hubitat has released various hardware versions since 2018. The first version sold commercially was the C3, immediately followed by the C4. Both of these used external USB dongles for both the zigbee/z-wave radios. The C5 was released around March of 2019. It has internal zigbee and z-wave radios (the z-wave frequency was set for North America).

The C7 is the latest hardware version. It also has internal zigbee and z-wave radios. The z-wave radio is updated to use a 700-series z-wave chip. In addition, z-wave frequency is user settable. You likely have the C7.

1 Like

So is there no real way to fix my issue of door status?

I'm hoping that a Hubitat update will sort out the issue for us or that @mike.maxwell will provide me with source code so that I can sort it myself.

If either of these does not happen then we are down to creating a a driver here in the community.

That would be awesome, really annoying at the moment as I have two door locks however can't really stick them on my hub because it won't tell me lock status!

Any updates or progressions made by anyone thus far?

I'm still experiencing this on the newest platform version with Kwikset Obsidian Zwave locks using the generic zwave driver