Does the HE hub support Zigbee 3.0 and Z-Wave plus

I should say.. they are good at what they were designed for

1 Like

ignoring everything except the largest of motion events :wink:

1 Like

Exactly.. So I can use motion sensors with HSM.. Otherwise the dogs would trigger the siren

Which brands of zwave+ motion sensors would you all say are the fastest?

Just as soon as I read the comment you replied to, I thunk to meself, boy bcopeland is gonna tear him a new one.

Seriously tho, will standard Z-Wave devices have any effect if they are only end devices and not a repeater? I would think no, but have been wrong plenty of times-just ask my wife.

1 Like

Not really. If they are end only, and not repeating anything, then there isn't much impact. At least as far as I understand it, and based on sniffer observations.

I could be wrong though. Never claimed to be an expert.

If they are very chatty.. then yes..

If they don't report too often.. then they are fine

1 Like

My Dome and Fibaros both respond as quickly as my Xiaomi zigbee motion sensors.

1 Like

Could you perhaps be thinking of Secure pairing? I'm told to minimize devices with Secure pairing as they slow things down and perhaps other issues as well.

1 Like

:rofl: Yep .. That’s what it was.. We discovered the miscommunication later on in the thread

1 Like

50 posts in a 5 hour thread........ couldn't keep up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was just happy he wasn't really installing old z-wave stuff..

2 Likes

Are these the ones you are using?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1NBH3D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g2DSEbW1BMGEK

So if I understand this right, I should be avoiding Econet motion sensors then? Has anyone tried the new Inovelli 4 in 1 sensor? How responsive are they?

What are some good, reliable, fast Z-Wave plus door/window sensors?

1 Like

I bought a lot of 40 non plus z-wave on/off switches, and have installed 6 so far. I left all of my previous z-wave switches at the old house, moved a year ago. Anyway, between these and the z-wave (non plus) outlets, I'd be willing to bet that I'm batting 1000 in reliability of the devices doing what is asked, when asked. It is 5000 square foot area, I have never done a repair or worry about repeating...
So... two questions.

1. Am I just lucky? I've loved the reliablility of z-wave in the last house, and these are working great
  2. Is speed really an issue? Like Internet gaming, I would bet latency/packet loss is so much more important than speed. Isn't a z-wave packet similar to ethernet packets, so wouldn't it be very little data across the air?

I do understand the polling part, I rarely press the physical buttons, and have installed the z-wave poller app, but disabled it because it wasn't worth running to me.

There are a lot of active/smart people in this community, has anyone considered a chat-room somewhere? That would be slick to jump in to see who's available for chat!

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A HUBITAT DISCORD SERVER

3 Likes

Oh... well done! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I ran into issues with Kasa plugs and decided to replace them with Zigbee ones. Ordered these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K45W4LR and no luck getting them recognized.

I don't know what you mean by not recognized.
It either included, or it didn't.
And if it didn't, did it get stuck on initiazalation?
Did you try factory setting them first?
Did they include, but select the incorrect driver?

1 Like

Those plugs work perfectly with Hubitat. Have you put them into inclusion mode? To do so, push the button around 10 seconds until the led indicator light starts flashing.