Does the HE hub support Zigbee 3.0 and Z-Wave plus

Security is an optional feature and doesn’t define +

1 Like

Bingo. So with all my devices being + I guess I'm already set.

4 Likes

ahhh.. ok.. I feel much better.. I thought you were intentionally buying old z-wave devices...

6 Likes

Yea.. you are good then..

3 Likes

Thanks @aaiyar and @bcopeland for clearing that up. SOMEDAY, I'll emerge from noobdom.

6 Likes

It's all good.. I'm just really glad you weren't filling up your mesh with old devices..

3 Likes

It's the Covid-19 shutdown. We're all moving a little slow.

4 Likes

Yeah! That's it! :wink:

The only devices I have that might fit that description are the Iris 3326-L that I got from our favorite E-Bay seller, and they are Zigbee.

With no thought whatsoever into the divide I've wound up with all my sensors being Zigbee and all my controls being Z-Wave. :thinking:

2 Likes

That's still z-wave plus.. Even as old as that is ... That's why I was in so much shock when you said you were avoiding plus..

1 Like

Nope, they are clearly Zigbee devices and I'm using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor driver.

1 Like

Yep.. was confusing it with the plug which is both

Actually - they have a z-wave repeater built in. But it requires a separate z-wave inclusion independent of the zigbee pairing.

Scratch that - confused it with the plug. COvid-19 strikes again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. :smile:

3 Likes

I keep reading Zigbee sensors respond faster for lighting automations. Are Z-Wave motion sensors noticeably slower?

I have zigbee (Xiaomi Aqara) and z-wave+ motion sensors (Dome, Fibaro). They're equally fast. My old z-wave ones (GoControl) were noticeably slower.

Some are, some aren't. This is not a protocol thing it's the decisions of the device vendor. I have a couple that are just as fast as Zigbee.

2 Likes

Thank you..

Yes.. Z-wave motion detectors have gotten a bad rep as a few "security focused" devices had slow re-cycle times to save battery..

Don't forget the "pet friendly" horrible things that take forever to reset multiple motion events before they will trigger.

2 Likes

What? You think the 4 minute default reset on the ecolink motion sensors is too long?

3 Likes

These are actually good.. Yes they are slow... But the battery life is amazing

But I have dogs and as such I have these (along with fast motion sensors).. But only the pet immune ones are tied to HSM