Does anyone have Hive Heating working in the UK?

@andimack @philpugh @jaffa_brown check the developer forum. One of the guys has been helping me correct the code and we have most of it working now.

1 Like

Hi,
been a while since I've had chance to look into this, my hive is still working with smartthings and would like to move it to hubitat. how's it working for you now?

I think the app works and if you check the developer part there is a working app and driver.

Personally I found it easier to do what I wanted using IFTTT based on if I am away or not as I had a couple of issues with Hive and the thermostat not switching off....but I since realised this was a battery issue with the thermostat.

Ok, so after some fiddling around with the code I've managed to get Hive (connect) working on Hubitat...
The issue is with the reference to the 'app.namespace' when creating a child device...
if you edit all references to 'app.namespace' and change it to "alyc100" ( I think the first one is on line 1030)

Remove the line: (164 I think)
def tmaApp = findChildAppByName( appName() )

And replace the next line with:
if(childApps) {

that fixes it...

Hi Baz,
Is there any chance you could post or PM me the code you are using?
I'd like to try this out

I have modified it beyond just making it work. I’ve adjusted things to suit my needs at home but I’ll gladly pm you the code if you like.
Unfortunately I can’t do it until tomorrow at the earliest as I’m not within my LAN at the moment.
But honestly it’s very easy to adjust it yourself. Just Download it from alyc100’s github then follow my instructions above.

I have IFTTT to do what I want for now, but out of curiosity I thought i'd give this a go to see if it works but I got this error.

unable to resolve class physicalgraph.exception.NotFoundException @ line 1008, column 7. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.exception.ConflictException @ line 1010, column 6.

Replace all instances of physicalgraph with hubitat and that should sort you out.

I managed to get the app and driver to add with no issues but don't see any drivers listed... Will revisit tomorrow

Any progress on this?

Did anyone ever manage to get this working?
The furthest I got was being able to see my devices in the Hive Connect App, but then no devices showed in "Devices"...

Wondering whether to change our thermostat to a different system as Hive is now the one of the only things left on ST

I got myself a test Hive thermostat and boiler controller intending to tinker with this, but work has gone crazy now so I'm not getting the time. I wouldn't mind having all this on Hubitat as well, because it's the only thing on my Hive system.

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm having difficulty caring a great deal though, because it works very reliably for me with IFTTT.

Do it for the community :+1:

EDIT - @philpugh @andydvsn below is everything I found regarding Hive (I may have sent it you before)

Hey all,

I managed to get access to a bunch of data through a Subject Access Request..I am no developer or coder, so most of it means nothing to me (although happy to share it).

I did manage to find that the Hive system used to be owned by a company called alertme,com which it appears Hive are still using their backend system/service (a lot of data I was sent points to alertme.com

I managed to find a couple of (maybe) interesting things (albeit old data)
Hive REST API v6.1 – Data Point - Details the hive API v6, which seems to still point to Alertme.com

the data sent across to me save several references/links to JSON files

there are also a couple of JSON FIles they sent across

I'll be willing to test anything if needed!

:laughing:

At some point my curiosity may get the better of me. :smiley:

Sadly this is one step removed from the raw Zigbee transmissions that we'd be dealing with, though it can be handy for clues, depending on how abstracted it is from what the devices actually 'say'.

Am I missing where the ST driver and modified version live? I can't see them on this thread, but then again I am half asleep.

1 Like

@andydvsn Coda helped with this to clear up all the ST anomalies. I don't think it's officially stored anywhere but here is a good start

[Project Help] Hive Active Heating Driver

Oh, is this the one that uses the Hive API?

I was looking at this more from the point of view of scrapping the Hive hub altogether and directly connecting the thermostat and boiler controller to the Hubitat hub. Otherwise, where's the benefit?

Trick is, the real bonus of Hubitat (local processing, so far as I see this) is already present in the Hive thermostat and controller combo because they communicate with one another directly and aren't reliant on the web service. They were designed to keep working (and be programmable) even if the owner ditches the hub on a whim.

Ahh I think @dj_bayley started messing with that but not sure if he released his code

Not that I can see. I did find @dj_bayley's posts on the Hive forum, but I couldn't spot a GitHub or similar and he's not been here since June according to his profile.

Ah, yeah I wonder where he went.