Display Status and Time

Is there a way to log how long that a device has been in a certain status?
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote that is connected to my Hubitat. My kids play the Xbox, which is a status on the Harmony under Activity. I would like to log how long that a specific status is on and have it reset at the end of the day. I would have this information log to a tile on my dashboard. It would be interesting to be able to do this for my roof coils as well, but for those I would want to have the time reset when I turn them off, not at the end of a day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also would like to keep this completely inside of Hubitat and not use a raspberry pi or other outside graphing solution. Thank you.

Here is a simple rule I use to see when the Litter Drawer on my Litter Robot has been open for at least 30 seconds, and to reset the Litter Drawer Gauge if so. See the Litter Robot thread to see the inspiration for this (inspiration not original with me, but the rule is). The device being monitored in my rule (ā€œLitter Robot Drawerā€) is an Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7. Basically, there is a gauge that you have to remember to reset each time you empty the litter drawer, and you donā€™t want to reset the gauge if you merely take a peek. The rule is so simple that you can see how it times how long the Litter Drawer has been open.

1 Like

Thanks! I have been meaning to do something like this for my LR!

Maybe look at Hubigraphs? I cannot recall if it can do a cumulative time, but with graphs, you could see when and for how long something was on or off.

It is so great not having to remember to reset the %$*! Litter Fill Gauge. The Aeotec sensorā€™s magnet fits behind/under the LRā€™s drawer top lip, and the Aeotec sensor fits behind the LRā€™s top lip on the drawer opening, all hidden. Dominic Meglioā€™s (@dman2306ā€™s) LR driver port is excellent.

Simply FYI, here is my rule that changes all the vanity under counter lights according to Jared Zimmermanā€™s (@jared.zimmermanā€™s) inspiration (his original way was to use IFTTT).

Litter Robot Litter Level Monitor

Bedtime Switch is a virtual switch that Alexa can change, and that also turns on at 7:30 and turns off at Sunrise. My wife doesnā€™t want to be bothered by litter level information in the Master Bath during bedtime.

You just open the litter drawer and empty the litter, put in a new litter bag, when itā€™s time to do so. Nothing else to worry about, no gauges to reset.

Thank you all for your comments. I am giving the Hubigraph a try and it seems pretty cool. Especially since it is all handled inside of the Hubitat.