Display Heating Duration within Grafana Dashboard

Morning all

I have setup InfluxDB Logger to a Influxdb running on a Raspberry Pi. I've then created a dashboard (see below) within Grafana to display my Energy consumption and Air Source Heat Pump activity.

My thermostat is set up to request heat when the house temp drops 0.5C below the thermostat set temp. I would like to display the historical time that the heating system takes to return the home temp back to it's set temp.

My problems:

1/ I can't see an obvious device that can store a time duration (so that Influxdb Logger can export to my database),
2/ Nor can I see an obvious action that can set a variable to the difference between two times.

Rule so far:

Any ideas or do I need to use the Transform function within Grafana?

@bravenel Hi Bruce. Whilst trying out options I noticed that the new rule machine can't set variables. Is there a reason for this?

Would be easy enought to write a custom device driver to capture, but you might want to look at

'Would be easy enough to write a custom device driver to capture'

@thebearmay

I really wouldn't know where to start! :rofl:

The first one is the hardest :sunglasses:. Take a look at @bptworld's app though as he does a thorough job at analyzing a problem and providing solutions. Can't remember if puts a duration value where you can grab it for Grafana, but if not he might be wiling to add it.

@bptworld Bryan, Help! :star_struck: :rofl: I haven't coded since the late 80's! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like