[Code Freeze] Abacus Time Traveler

Introducing 'Abacus Time Traveler'
Track how long a Device has been active. Displays Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Timers!

6/26/20 - Complete rewrite :grin:, New comments start @ post 16

Features:

• Nothing like it on Hubitat or ST!
  • Select any Motion, Contact, Switch devices and Thermostats.
  • Displays Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly timers for each device.
  • Can be very useful to track patterns. Now you can truly see how long that light was left on for. See just how long the heat/cool runs each day and more! Just about anything is possible.
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

Note: If using Smartly, add this to your CSS within the Dashboard settings.

.tile-primary, .tile-contents{
   height: 100% ;
}
13 Likes

This is fantastic! I've always wanted an easier way to compare the number of HVAC cycles with the duration of the cycles. Your two Abacus apps make it possible.
Thank you Bryan!

3 Likes

Something strange happening with the counters today. Will get it sorted out as soon as I can. Sorry.

New Version on Github...

V1.0.1 - 01/04/19 - Major logic change to calculate how long a device was active.

1 Like

Thanks for releasing this app! Something I've missed about HASS is the way you can see device history. This (And the other Abacus app) seem like they'll be a very useful, welcome change. I can't wait to install it at home --- it's already installed in our office :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Version on Github...

V1.0.2 - 01/06/19 - Squashed a bug in the Weekly count reset. Also added in a way to delete a single line from the reports. This is needed to get rid of the orphans created from the Weekly Count bug.

If you had Motion Sensors configured in the app, you'll notice on the Weekly line, the Seconds is null. Please trigger the sensor one time and then allow it to go to inactive. It will then update that sensor. BUT, it will leave an orphan line. I've added a way to remove that line in the Maintenance Section. Choose 'Delete_A_Device' and scroll down and you'll see the new 'Need to remove a Line?' option. Instructions are within that section.

Thanks

Both of these are great, Well used and Well crafted! Is it possible to have a similar pair that could count/time an energy meter going above a threshold? My Aeotec Switch 6 is always on, the fridge likes its power. I like it's reporting. is it possible to have the cycles and timing apply when sensed on/off by power reported levels? Also, is it possible to access the information on the dashboard? Thank you for your efforts, they are much appreciated!.

Probably, I'll have to do some thinking on that one.

You mean like this?? :sunglasses: lol. That is coming very soon. Got sidetracked with something else. Just got to add more formatting options.
sample%20count%20on%20dashboard

Less than one minuet for a reply!!! Love this community, love the tech support, Love to all!!!!!!
As I look over my shoulder in paranoia mode: tinfoil hats for everyone!!

1 Like

New version on Github...

V1.0.4 - 02/16/19 - Big maintenance release. Reworked a lot of code as I continue to learn new things.

1 Like

THX

New Version on Github...

V1.0.5 - 03/22/19 - Maintenance release to prepare for V2.0.0. You will need this version to save all of your stats!

Just wanted to give everyone a chance to upgrade to this version BEFORE I release V2.0.0. BIG changes coming in 2.0! Unfortunately all stats will be lost. I didn't want to lose my yearly stats so I made this Maintenance release in order to capture the old numbers and provide a way to 'type' them into the new version.

Thanks

Trying to follow my generic zigbee thermostat, and I saw this. 2 day of running today.

Sorry about that... I'll take a look at that soon.

No big deal, just thought Iā€™d let you know. I can send logs.

1 Like

Abacus Time Traveler is BACK!

Completely NEW code.

New version on GitHub!

Note: If still using the old Abacus - Time Traveler, you will need to completely delete that app and install this new one.

1 Like

What the heck Bryan - I mention this concept and you have a working program in 24 hours !!!!! It appears to be a revitalized old app.

You are AMAZING my friend.

Tonight not only did I install Abacus Time Traveler - I did it with Hubitat Package Manager which is a new app for me as well. It's a big night for sure. Thank you for all you contribute to the Hubitat environment Bryan.

I also have a green circle with a #1 in it which I guess is a high priority notification, but I don't know how to retrieve that.

Awesome, have fun and thank you!

Screenshot?

Is it possible to have your apps that work with Hue bulbs recognize CoCoHue bulbs?
Link: [RELEASE] CoCoHue: Hue Bridge Integration (including scenes!)

Unless Coco is doing something out of the box. Everything should work like any other bulb. Need screenshots and examples.