Discussion about Other Solutions

The more of this I see, the more I wish Hubitat would copy it! The concept isn’t new, but it does look a lot easier and more refined than Node Red.

They’ve even implemented actionable notifications.

Those at least are simple enough to setup on Android using Tasker, no change to HE required. (I plan on doing this myself sometimes soon). But I suspect that's not the main point here... :slightly_smiling_face:

I've at least been entertaining the idea of JavaScript flow builders to produce RM json... But only in theory for now... Like some have said, if someone is prepared to build it....

2 Likes

What is this “Android” you speak of? :wink:

3 Likes

It's a utopia where you get control over your mobile phone or tablet....:wink:

2 Likes

And give your personal data to Google for free?

:metal:

4 Likes

Hmmm ... No, I won't bite... :wink:. This topic is not about that...

5 Likes

LinknLink is pushing too

I couldn’t resist - but when a company spends billions on software development, and then gives it away for free….. you are the product.

Same with Facebook.

3 Likes

I wasn't denying it .. :wink:. I'm sure Apple doesn't do anything like that....

2 Likes

I’m sure they do, but as they don’t have an advertising and data broking business, it’s likely to be pretty minimal.

1 Like

Probably... We should bring this back on topic... I'm sure others with have other comments more relevant to HE...

4 Likes

Agreed. :+1:

1 Like

I’d never even heard of them till you brought them up.

Read more.
Id never buy homey , extremely over priced. I love the hubitats community. Loads of brilliant minds are here and most of them nice and helpful too. Unfortuantelly there is some snobbery and talking of the high horse, but this is human nature.
If hubitat would be a mix with a voice assistant, offline and online at the same time, that would be ideal for me.

Neither would I and for similar reasons.

That’s not to say they aren’t doing things are worth implementing on Hubitat.

I’m good, thanks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/linknlink/isg-the-next-generation-all-in-one-super-smart-home-gateway

Looks like some nifty stuff is happening over there in Homey land, but in 20 mins on their website I couldn’t find a full device compatibility list.
I also searched for some things and couldn’t find anything really.
Well except that you get a watered down Homey if you don’t pay the full price.

There is no official or community app for Inovelli devices on Homey.
What does that mean for use ability?

Heck I searched for a bunch of stuff I have and found no official or community apps.

A fancy flowchart of automations won’t matter if they don't include devices to automate.

Looks like Hubitat will stay relevant to me cause I ain’t shelling out $400 for a hub then thousands to replace standard and name brand devices for some internet connected WiFi and Bluetooth junk.

3 Likes

To be fair, one person's list of devices that need to be compatible are not a sign of the legitimacy of a platform. Many ikea devices would fall into that category on HE, without Community involvement in recent times.

1 Like

I've just bought a Homeassistant Green, but I'm planning to still use Hubitat as the main automation controller and radio. I feel safer with Hubitat largely due to it being the most powerful system that I can't interfere with the core of. I worry with HA that eventually I am gonna need to do something with the kernel and it's all going to go up in flames like most linux systems I have had anything to do with :smiley: Not all users are linux-friendly.

1 Like