Dimmer Switch & LED

Looking to get the communities advice on the following:

LED lighting + Dimmer Switch + Hubitat

I've purchased (100 downlights) 4" WAC Lighting Lotos LED Light

Dimmer Switch
?? What Z-Wave Dimmer Switch would you use ??

I'd like to have a Z-wave ELV switch where I don't need a bypass and have been trying to hold out for Z-Wave series 7 switches... but at last May has come and I'm not aware of any options.

What would you you guys recommend?

For lighting I always recommend Lutron.

Does Lutron have a Z-Wave switch?

I believe he means that for lighting he recommends to use Lutron's proprietary protocol (which is excellent, even if the devices are ugly) INSTEAD OF zwave.

I didn't say Caseta... I know you don't like the way those look. I do and lots of other do but regardless of the looks they work. 100% of the time.

Of upscale to RadioRa 2 and use the Maestro switches. Can't call those ugly unless every other decora/paddle switch is also ugly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True! I was definitely thinking caseta.

On this topic though. Since Pico remote's were around BEFORE Caseta.... the Caseta style is a copy of the RR2 Pico :slight_smile:

1 Like

So the most reliable performing ELV Dimmer would be... ?

Lutron Caseta PD-5NE-WH - https://www.build.com/lutron-pd-5ne/s1288848?uid=3061371

Lutron Maesto MAELV-600-WH - https://www.build.com/lutron-maelv-600/s604910?uid=1852140

Or what would be your choice. I'm getting to decision fatigue and appreciate your guys input. As at the end of the day I want it to just work. I want to be able to dim my lights without buzz and I want to be able to schedule certain lights to turn on/of/dim around time of the day stuff.

At the end of the day how much money do you have to spend on this? A couple hundred then your choice is Caseta. A couple thousand then send me a PM and I can pull together a quote.

The Caseta switch you listed will work with the Caseta PRO bridge and Hubitat.

The Maestro switch you listed is a "DUMB" dimmer and isn't controllable. You will need to contact a dealer/installer for RadioRa 2 stuff.

Of all the home automation devices I have ever purchased, Lutron Caseta devices are by far the most reliable. They just always work.

And if you ever do need tech support (I did because I had an installation question about integrating a Caseta switch with a dumb switch in a 3 way circuit), Lutron support is U.S. based and outstanding.

1 Like

Not OP, but do most sh dimmers work with TRIAC/ELV lights, or is there something in particular I need to look for?