Did you order?

It was magical. I didn’t change the channel on the new hub - but I had already changed the original hub. :wink:

I did turn off the Z-Wave radio on the new hub.

1 Like

That sounds great!
I haven’t received my HE yet but when I have a will send you a PM.
I have no clue how to install things on HE but I it’s just to read up on the forum and/or the HE web site.

2 Likes

Ordered last week, my package is currently in LA, so some travelling left until it reaches Sweden. Raided IKEA yesterday to get some repeaters and outlet, and also got my hands on a SYMFONISK audio controller (there is a driver so you can use it for dimming as well)

Have kept an eye at Hubitat for about a year, and finally ordered after I got tired at fiddling with the phone on my Homey.

Can't wait to get started :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi again.
Just added some GLEDOPTO stuff to the Zigbee list on this Wiki. A great source for us that is looking for stuff that is compatible. Better list than the one in the documentation on the hubitat.com site:
Community Device Drivers (FKA Compatible Devices Wiki)

Please help all EU users out, add the stuff you have tried, also with a link where you bought it in a «...I just added the following to the list» post.
I would not post links in the list, to keep it as clean as possible.

Hope it helps!?

RogerThat

1 Like

Hi again.
I am so childish, hahaha.

I have used the app on one bulb in the living room:
Lights On Motion Plus to keep the one Gledopto 12W bulb to work. [RELEASE] Lights on Motion Plus (dim before off, remember individual bulb states, etc.)

I have set up the one in the master bedroom with the included Motion Lightning app.

Both are triggered with motion with the Xiaomi motion/lux sensor.

It is soo fun! When spending most time in the kitchen today, that living- and bedroom is off, to be able to walk to the bedroom and it all works like a charm. It turns on and without touching anything...
If motion in the living room is seen, it will stay on, but if no motion is seen in the living room, it dimmes for some time to warn you it will shut off, then move a little, it restores the previous state and stays on.
I am soo loving this stuff! :slight_smile:

But, while waiting for the IKEA TRÅDLØS adapters to control more stuff(Heater ovens++) I really wonder what others have been able to use for RS16 fitted dimmers that can work on their own, but also connect to HE?
Anyone tried some of the ELKO or other dimmers and thermostats for heating cables in the bathroom that is allowed in the Nordic/EU with a CE stamp on them?

Any good leads here?

I have so many dimmers, the old once with the wheel, I really want to integrate. Without changing whats dimmed by them today.

I do not want to get in trouble with insurance regarding using AliX stuff, that is not CE compliant for any of this functionality. When connecting stuff to 220V, it better have the right certifications, right?

Any help or tips is soooo appreciated!

RogerThat
Oslo, Norway

Nice, thanks for that tip! Did you have any luck with them?
I kinda want to keep the LAN attached devices to a minimum, but not tried any of the yet, so not sure how stable WiFi stuff is yet. Thought I would start out to try some Yeelight WiFi lamps first, just to get the feeling. For dimmers I think I prefer Zigbee/Z-wave, but have no idea if the assumption is correct, for now. Hmm...

I add this store to the wiki I just started here:

RogerThat

1 Like

Not so sure. For now I have no good argument to stand for that Z-Wave will make any revolution, have noen so far. I still think that a good Zigbee mesh is crutial, but that will also be the case for Zigbee, as far as i know. So for now, I really do not see any preference regarding either or.

I feel that the Fibaro stuff is a bit overpriced, even though they looki like great products, for now.
But where do you buy their products? From AliX, they are overpriced copies, I guess...?

It all adds up to save a few bucks on electricity, so the devices have to be able to pay for itselves within 6-12 months, in my head.
With the low powerbills we have, under €120 uro a month, I bet I will not make it anytime soon, if I like some cool stuff to play with as well.. Hahaha.

All this automation stuff, for now, have a higher cool/wow/hobby factor, than saving huge amounts of money on the bill, for many of us, right...? Hihi :rofl::joy: But we all know we have to pay something for the wow and fun factor., as far as I have seen so far in life... Hehe

RogerThat

1 Like

That is just what I start to be aware of! Hahaha
Even told my wife the truth today.. Hahaha.
She loves the stuff too, and said, «... but, do not care too much on the cost, this ■■■■ is cool»!!! I´m safe, for now... hahaha

Just turn off that Sonos messaging that is soo crappy and screws up the volume and input after an announcement... hihi. (Deleted)

But honestly, to be a good ambassador for this product at home, we need it working! The non tecky users will win the game and we can try to argue that it will work in the future, until we go green. We still have created enemies inhouse. Maybe something to have in mind along the path to complete automation... :wink:
RogerThat

1 Like

Back from my holidays, here another Italian Barcelona guy :slight_smile:

I received my Hubitat just few days ago, besides the 117$ paid for the hub and shipment(lead time around 2 weeks) I paid 37€ for the custom.

I am refurbishing an old house therefore cannot play yet with Hubitat, nevertheless I started to buy some component to put into the new electricity network.

I have some questions and ask your opinion:

Shutters: I think will go with Fibaro shutter v3. Any other option to this?

Inner wall switches and dimmers: I gave up to buy zigbee/Z-Wave wall switches since there are not so many options and also I don’t like the design. Do you have any suggestions on zigbee inner switches and dimmers? Do aqara ones(single and double) work with Hubitat?

Door sensors: I bought from Ali one Aqara just for fun, I saw there are two types, one with stilo battery and another one with a smaller type. Let’s see, what I am worries is the duration of the battery. For this reason and for entrance door I am thinking to install a cabled sensor, this will be a part of my cabled alarm which will include also cabled motion sensors, cables cameras and cables sirens. By using Konnect I will use those signals also with Hubitat for other strategies.

Thermostat: which one are you using? Is it wired or wireless?

Jighen
Barcelona, Spain

One option for the door sensor would be a Sensative strip. They claim 10 year battery life, who knows :slight_smile:
This is the one I mean: Sensative Strips Family (strips guard)

They also have a water/moisture sensor and a light/temp sensor.
Not sure where they could be bought in Spain though. In Sweden we can buy them at kjell.com (sensative) or m.nu (sensative - m.nu)

Best regards
Reine

1 Like

Today I got, and paid, billed for the toll, tax and extra handling. So the package is in Sweden.
Let’s hope PostNord doesn't loose the package like they tend to do from time to time...

2 Likes

And I just did the exact same payment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @RogerThat ,

So I will focus on aqara sensors and zigbee lights to start with the HE software.

Now that I am searching the forum I have a doubt :thinking: does HE connects and work with WiFi elements?

For instance, if I buy any WiFi led bulb/strip will HE recognise it natively so I could create automations mixing zigbee sensors and WiFi bulbs?

As an example I may want to do: if an aqara Zigbee motion sensor detects movement in a room and the luminosity is below X, then turn on the WiFi lIght at 20%.

Thank you very much.
Xavier

Yes @xbarbera. You can use devices with different protocols in the same rule.
That’s one of the benefits with a controller like HE.

1 Like

I bought a Sensative Strips Guard today and put it on my front door where I have a Danalock (Z-wave). Before the Strips Guard the lock would auto lock after 60 sec which sometimes made the lock lock itself even if the door was open.
Now I have setup flows in my Homey (will of course convert the flows to HE as soon as I get it) that lock the lock 10 sec after the door closes. Works really well and fun to setup. :slight_smile:
Can absolutely recommend the Strips Guard. Haven’t tested the other Strips though...

2 Likes

Hi!

What puzzles me is that they state:
Install & forget (10 years battery life)
Sounds impressive, and it looks rally neat. One do not even see it when installed, if you can hide it between the frame and door/window. Cool product, if this is the case, I have to admit!
I'll try to order one to check it out, but if it really is this good, I'll bet I end up with one on each and every window and door. Very cool to implement to turn off any heat in a room if a window is open, and can also eliminate a motion sensor in a room that is not uses so often, like a shed/storage a.s.o. 10 year battery, wow...

RogerThat

Getting home and it’s Friday afternoon. Opens the mailbox and what do I see?..

I wonder what I will do this weekend? My family will not see much of me, that’s for sure. :smiley:

5 Likes

I think the Strips Guard are discreet and so far it has been working 100%.

2 Likes

For the thermostat and valve radiators what did you buy? For the thermostat I am looking for something wired so that I don't have to think about battery replacement.

Changing topic, in the profile how to put the european union flag is the small profile icon? :slight_smile:

The flag should show when you join a group but for me it doesn’t.

Update The flag for the last group you joined is the one that will show. :slight_smile: