Devices not responding after C7 to C8 Migration

Please someone help me!

I migrated from a C7 to a new C8 hub following all the correct steps posted at How to Migrate to a New Hub | Hubitat Documentation, but now none of my devices are responding neither to automations nor to direct commands adressed through the device page.

I choose to migrate the Zigbee radio, and my devices appear on the Zigbee details page under the Settings menu, but none is responding.

Any tips other than repairing more than 100 devices?

1 Like

Did you turn off the C-7? The Zigbee radio on the C-7 is a duplicate of what you migrated to the C-8. If it's still ON, then the C-8 isn't going to pry the devices away.

I hope you have not reset the radios, because you may want to revert back if the advice the community offers doesn't solve it for you...

Verify that the Zigbee radio is enabled.
Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 1.33.16 PM

If yes, give the Rebuild Network button a shot.

Yes @csteele, my C7 is turned off. The problem seems to be with the C8 radio: to test if it would recognize a device, I tried to repair a switch.

The search found the device, recognized it as a previously paired device, but is unable to control it. The led indicator of the switch continues blinking indicating it is not paired!

Just to confirm - where did you do this repair? There is a Z-Wave Repair available on the Z-Wave Details page, but there isn't an option to repair individual Zigbee devices.

Example of Z-Wave device Repair button on Z-Wave Details page:

I thought above you said you had only migrated Zigbee devices. Do I misunderstand? Are we talking about Z-Wave devices, Zigbee, or both? And not one of them is working?

Hi @danabw! Please sorry, English isn't my mother language and I didn't expressed myself well.

I have only Zigee devices, and I re-paired (paired again) a Zigbee device to test if C8 would recognize it.

None of my devices is working: C8 migration imported everything, but none command is sent or status received.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry for the confusion. I bet your English is probably better than mine. :slight_smile:

Did you rebuild your Zigbee network yet?

Paging @support_team

1 Like

Thank you, but I know it is very limited and sometimes it causes misunderstandings.

I tried to reboot the radio and rebuild network, both without success. Now I made another C7 migration backup, made a software reset on C8 and I will try to migrate another time...

1 Like

That is a good idea to try, and was my next suggestion. :slight_smile: Good luck.

Also reset the Zigbee radio on the C8 before you do the second migration.

1 Like

I'm starting to think there's a problem with the zibee radio.

I redid the migration, disabled and re-enabled the C8's Zigbee radio, rebooted it and rebuilt the network, all all unsuccessful.

There appears to be no communication between the hub's radio and the devices, as I tried to re-pair a switch, the hub found it but the device continued to seek connection. That is, the device did not receive the response from the hub ...

Another detail: I just found that my Zigbee logs are simply empty... :sob:

Bizarre...

Try re-do, but first switch antennas. We have had just a very few cases of bad antennas.

Calling on @tony @jtp10181

1 Like

I read about this swap in another topic and I already tried too, but didn't work... The Zigbee empty log is making me suspect a hardware failure.

I'm doing another soft reset and I'll try to add a Zigbee device to C8 before to make the migration, if succeed this may rule out the possibility of a hardware error, and isolate the error at the migration process.

I tried pairing a Philips Hue motion sensor that was inches from the hub, and the result was the following message:

Looks like youโ€™re having trouble pairing your device. Please perform a factory reset before attempting to pair the device again. If the device still wonโ€™t pair after factory reset, please review the best practices for building a solid Zigbee mesh.

If a device was found but got stuck in the initializing stage, try pairing it using the legacy pairing method.

I believe I got lucky with a faulty hub I bought through Amazon. And the worst thing is that I'm back in Brazil...

1 Like

Man that sucks.

@support_team @gopher.ny

Unfortunately the weekend is starting so It's going to be difficult to find people in a short-term.

Yep. The worst to me is that I'm back in Brazil, so if I need to send the device to Amazon I'll pay more than its price in customs taxes to receive another one...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and interest, @danabw!

Have a good weekend and happy Easter!

Another detail pointing to a hardware failure: the wifi devices are working fine - Tasmota switches.

Only thing I can think of is to reiterate this... C-7 needs to be physically disconnected from power once it has 'donated' its PAN ID /Ext. PAN ID to C-8 after migration; its radio will still be 'alive' at the Zigbee link layer and maintain connections to devices even when its radio is set to 'disabled' (that just affects higher levels of the protocol stack).

1 Like

Are you on most current hub firmware?