Devices in your Drawer of Shame

Same with my dozen or so Xiaomi temp/humidity sensors.

My Lightify 4-button switches have become my favorite button controllers since I added the second hub and ditched the Peanuts. The Hue ones do kinda suck though.

Sell them to @aaiyar. He has a hub for Xiaomi devices.

2 Likes

True. But no room for more sensors. I could put a vibration sensor on my cheek and have Alexa tell me "Shut yer cake hole" everytime the sensor is triggered. But short of that, i'm set :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Not neccessary Smart Home, but how about

2 Sonos Connects
Sonos Dock (yes for the original iPod 30-pin connector)
Sonos Bridge

(oh and 3 iPods with 80/160gb hard drives)

I won't even start on the stuff I have given away!

1 Like

April,

I think I have at least one extra one, one I couldn't get to pair, and a couple that are presently installed and due to be removed at some point.

In all honesty, I don't like how they work with my fans. Otherwise, they're fine.

I'll look and see if I do indeed have an extra one.

S.

1 Like

Yeah...that's it! :grinning:

I just think they're a little flakey with my fans. Truth be told, we leave the fan on medium, and never (rarely) even use the light, so I could use the new Zooz one with a relay and the dimmer.

BUT, I think I'm going to go with the Innovelli...when it comes out and if it proves to be good...I like the HBFCs better than the GE's, but I'm convinced I have most of my Zigbee Plug In outlets just out of a sense of paranoia that the HBFC might not work one day...lol

S.

1 Like

Xaiomi motion and water sensors. Utter pieces of crap that would never stay connected to the mesh. I will never buy anything from that company again.

Smartthings hub - Always worked ok but the hubitat is so much better and faster.

I have the two button. It works fine, it's just ugly.

1 Like

Your right about that

1 Like

Old x10 equipment
An Almond+ (actually just sold it, junk)
A bunch of dead GE zwave dimmers.
Tons of crappy cameras

GASP! Does this make me a bad person? I sold my Xiaomis to @aaiyar (This one might be in the realm of "doesn't work for me") and I gave .. GAVE ... two Crees to @adamkempenich to continue with his lightify integration as the hub sees the bulbs. :grin:

2 Likes

Your Xiaomi sensors work just fine. No worries.... :grinning:

2 Likes

Nah, those are in the "works in some scenarios" - that is different than "doesn't work in any reasonable scenario".

My ZTS-500 thermostats are an example of the latter group - occasionally the plastic frame would stick/get stuck after a button press, sometimes ramping your HVAC setpoint to min or max. That is hazardous to the equipment, so all 4 went in the trash.

Xiaomi temp/humidity sensors worked great for me until I replaced them w/Konke temp/humidity sensors that are more standard (although have the quirk of only working on channels 15, 20, 25).

4 Likes

My MyQ device is in a landfill. Absolute garbage device:

• The firmware couldn't keep a stable connection to wifi, requiring me to get on a ladder and reset it often.
  • It wasn't reliably sending the RF command to the garage door openers.
  • The company plays games with their API access, resulting in all the coded workarounds.
4 Likes

My dad has a MyQ. It sometimes takes forever to notify him. He just uses the web app for it. He won't let me automate their house.

4 Likes

Actually, they are excellent, but you have to join them to their own hub if you want that excellence to shine through. They are not standard Zigbee, so don't expect standard results if they are paired to anything but a Xiaomi Aqara or Mijia hub.

4 Likes

@alan564923 your Sonos connects are still very useful if you have any old stereo receiver and some old speakers.
I put an old receiver in my maintenance room and hooked up my Sonos connect and 7 old speakers to it.
Works great for notifications.

2 Likes

So do @april.brandt's Crees :wink: Rock solid since linking them with Lightify.

... which is incredibly convenient, because I just had four OSRAM bulbs die...

3 Likes

Yeah, they work great, but I decided to switch to couple of Sonos One's (Amazon Warehouse, great price) to replace them. I thought about trading up but the replacement product is $550 before the discount and that was too steep. I could have kept them waitng for Sonos to decide what they were to do, but I decided to just try to sell the Sonos Connects (they were just retired.

The Bridge is device I'm pissed about. It just died on me (or killed by Sonos). I'm just plug in one of my speakers to replace it. At least that's a cheap replacement.

Alan