Devices don't Respond or Extremely Slow

I had similar issues as you are experiencing. I found some helpful advice in another thread suggesting removal of any S0 devices. My only S0 was a Yale 226 door lock. After excluding the lock, everything else became stable and responsive all the time. One of the experts here explained the S0 is very "chatty" on the mesh and can cause random transmission problems.

I noticed you have one device as S0, Maybe try excluding it to see if this helps.


Ok, so look at device 32 (Zooz Double Plug) for a second. Is that one of these below? Nothing is routing through it according to the map. So I suspect this is one of your problems.

I am also a little suspicious about the garage lights, they are slow (9.6K) and they seem to have a pretty weird route to the hub. They go through 17, which goes through 0A, which goes to 0D, then to the hub. That is the max number of hops allowed, and I would think that it might have a better route available than to do all that with this many devices. Maybe a repair of this device or a full repair might encourage it to find a better route?

Same with poolhouse foyer. What a convoluted route that appears to be.

Might be. Would be interesting to see what lock brand/model this garage door lock is to see if it could be included with S2 instead.

1 Like

@neonturbo has given you some excellent advice in his reply.
Can I just add something.
It has been said that it is not good practice to do a full z-wave repair. Individual devices, yes, full no.
Just stuff I've read but have not tried but thought I should mention it.

Not trying to tread on your toes @neonturbo but just thought I would mention it.

1 Like

Not sure what is the best anymore. But with this many weird routes, I was thinking out loud if it would be better to see if they all could find better routes rather than doing individual repairs? But you are right, try the individual ones first.

No worries. The more people who look at these posts the better. Maybe we can get a good consensus of what is going on.

1 Like

i have had the same experience with this (zooz double) device.. 20 feet from the hub it insisted and keeping and setting strange routes.. no matter how many repairs.. that is why i moved it upstairs to an unimportant function just to reboot the hue hub and a camera..

i replaced it as a test switch downstairs 20 feet from hub with the double device shown above in the other thread. this device keeps a correct route with no repeaters as it should.. As i mentioned there is someting wrong with the code in the zooz firmware to set routes.. Interesting other zooz like the single switch with the 2 usb ports don't have this issue and work fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions here. I will try all of them over the next few days and report back.

@neonturbo as for the zooz plug yes that one is an issue and I had an hour long call earlier today with @agnes.zooz about this device and we are currently working through some troubleshooting steps. That device has been added and removed several times at this point and most recently it was re-added about an hour before the screen shot so I assume that is why nothing is routing through it.

As for the other devices that are taking strange routes or having slow 9.6k speed I have done several full network repairs and a bunch of individual device repairs and I can't seem to resolve. Some of the devices just repetitively fail the repair.

The "Garage Service Door Lock" that is S0 is a Yale YRD256-ZW2-619 I am pretty sure this device is non-responsive but I have only been focusing on the switches. This device was also the only one that was really spotty on ST as well.


Hi Ryan,

I did resolve my issue, with the help of Hubitat support. On my logs, I saw a number of devices reporting as "busy", which was locking up the entire system. I uninstalled these devices, and reinstalled them. The problem was with my mesh network. I picked up a couple of Ring range extenders, and placed them strategically between the hub and the devices that were causing me trouble. I then ran a ZWave repair. The system has been very stable ever since.

@ryanp it's far more reliable, and far more flexible, than SmartThings. I too was frustrated for the first few weeks. Hang in there - once you work out the kinks it will run really smoothly.

1 Like

How do you see that a particular device is reporting as busy?

I am having trouble getting a response from Hubitat support so @cjlist I would also be interested in where they pointed you for that information.

I had another strange issue this morning. I added 4 switches and tested each as I was adding them by turning them on and off from the devices page in HE. They were all working fine. Then about an hour later I looked at it again and they had all be removed from the devices page and turned into ghost devices on the zwave details page (1st screenshot below). I was able to exclude and re-add all of them and now they show up correctly in the zwave details page (2nd screenshot). I am really lost and frustrated at this point. Let me know if anyone has any pointers.

It shows up in the logs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.