Devices - Back on the "Battery Beat" - Ideas for HE to help us keep tabs

OK, I assume we all are bound to walking the "battery beat" at least quarterly. Some of you are likely more organized & cautious and just "do the rounds" replacing close to everything at the same time.

I have had a couple of devices go below threshold these last couple of weeks and, while I know I could keep my own spreadsheet, I found myself wishing I could just pull up the device list and see two sort-able columns containing:

a) the current battery level, no matter how flawed that number might be
and
b) the date I last replaced the battery

I first thought that a free form comment field would be nice so that we could put notes in but the fixed date field is perhaps more functional as it could be displayed in a "oldest battery first" Device List.

Would there be a way to have a configurable "Battery Last Replaced" date field on the driver page ?

Do others see utility in this ? As the battery driven device count increases there is an undeniable sense of uneasiness that this "battery maintenance & monitoring" challenge could be the downfall to an otherwise robust setup. ANYTHING built-in to HE to help track/manage/oversee this is a help.

1 Like

If you add the last change date to the device details (using either [RELEASE] Custom Device Note App or Device Data Edit ) you can create a custom, exportable device report containing both the last change date data item and the battery attribute using [Release] Device Data Item Display

Thanks for that. I'll have to read up on that. As is the case with this system, if there's a will there's a way.

But...it's not "just in there setup already" for the new user to go -
"oh, that's convenient...I see I should populate that, as a Best Practice, from Day #1".