Devices appear stuck

I have a couple devices in my mesh that no longer respond to commands.

1. Bali zwave shade stuck at opening
  2. innovelli smart dimmer stuck in the 'on' position at ~60% - no response to any commands at all

The troubleshooting steps I've seen so far suggest running zwave repair and unplugging the hub from power for over a minute, i've tried both and both devices consistently and instantly back at this state. Hoping there are some additional steps I can take...

i should add that i dont have any other remotes/controls for these devices, they are directly connected to the hub.

Have you power cycled the devices as well? Air gap or circuit breaker.

I don't know what you mean by air gap, can you expand on that?

I power cycled the shade (removed power supply), that had no effect. The switch has a cutoff tab (breaks circuit when pulled) which I used to power cycle it as well, no effect.

That is the air gap.

What model hub and what firmware is it on?

Rev C-7

any other ideas on how fix these?

You could try factory resetting the devices and using the z-wave replace to join them back to the same node. Here is a guide I made: [Guide] Updating Firmware and ZWave Replace

Other option would be to create Virtual placeholder devices, use swap apps to swap to the virtual devices to keep your automations in tact. Then exclude the devices and pair them again. Once paired and working again, swap apps from the virtual to the new devices.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks for the suggestion!

@jtp10181 pretty much knows everything. Including that a customized screen name make things more fun, and more memorable! :wink:

Who wouldn't want to be able to choose their own name!? :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure why they dropped of totally in the first place, it is not normal. Possibly there was a small power spike and the devices factory reset themselves due to a malfunction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.